My swing (FAO Bobmac)

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Here's a couple of video's of my swing taken at 420fps with my Casio FH20. The resolution has dropped since I put it on youtube.

my swing 1

my swing 2

These are from earlier in the year. Unfortunately I've not got any more recent one's as my swing has changed a bit since these were recorded. As you can see I'm shut at the top and a little long/disconnected. I've also been working on getting my weight more onto the front foot through the swing.

Any comments are welcome.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Well Simon, very impressive.
Good dynamic set-up, good swing and balanced follow through.
A couple of minor points one of which you know yourself...closed at the top a tadge.
If your not hooking it are you worried about it?
There is one thing that I feel you may not have spotted...your hips.
Just at and after impact, your hips stop turning. :eek:
This can lead to your arms and club flicking passed you and turning it over big time, especially with a strong grip.
This also shows up where the clubhead appears again from the view behind your body.
It appears quite low down your side.
Ideally, when the club re-appears, it should be nerer your left shoulder.
I would suggest you try and turn your hips through the shot and keep turning them.
Experiment with a slightley weaker grip and see what the results are.

One question about the camera.
If you record at normal speed and watch it back in slow motion, is it quite clear?

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure you would get on well with my 4 ball playing at that speed though..you'd have to kick on a bit. :D
Great swing by the way.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the tips Bob I'll give them a go. Regarding where the clubhead re-appears will me holding back on my right hand side have an affect on this, as I've recently been working on getting my weight more on the left foot through the downswing and into the followthrough?

To be honest I've not tried recording at noral speed and slowing it down, I'm assuming you would be doing this on a computer as the camera it's doesn't have this function. The resolution is much higher however when recorded at 210fps, this is still slow enough to see the swing in detail.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure you would get on well with my 4 ball playing at that speed though..you'd have to kick on a bit. :D
Great swing by the way.

Lol I know it looks like I'm stood over it for ages before I hit it. Think I should have edited the video before uploading it.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I'm with drawboy. I watched the video and at first thought "come on then, hit the bloody thing" It was then that I realised it was filmed in slow motion!!!!

Lovely looking swing mate. Wish I had one like it.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If I wasnt convincved on the camera before this I am now!!!! Too many good looking swings appearing that I wont be admitting to have purchsed one tho lol