My Golf Swing - Feedback wanted

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
OK, so I've decided to post my swing for some feedback. I've got some thick skin which I might need 😄
The camera angle is down the line and side on. I think by touching the screen it can also be viewed frame by frame.
Look forward to comments.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After a quick look I can see two issues.
1: You are swinging very flat and to the inside. What is your usual shot shape.
2: You have a reverse pivot, you lean forward in the backswing and back in the downswing. This will create a number of problems like hitting fat and thin also losing power.
Do you get these problems?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks out of sync to me, jerky, but well done posting your swing, I think mines is a lot worse and probably an X certificate horror needing a good director .:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After a quick look I can see two issues.
1: You are swinging very flat and to the inside. What is your usual shot shape.
2: You have a reverse pivot, you lean forward in the backswing and back in the downswing. This will create a number of problems like hitting fat and thin also losing power.
Do you get these problems?

Thanks for the reply. Shot shape is neutral. I don't tend to hit fats, but certainly lose power, in particular with Driver I feel I should be hitting this further.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You are always goiing be a little shorter with your short backswing and if you've been doing it for 12 years it would be hard to change.
One little tweak you could easily make would be to turn your left foot out 20-30 degrees at address. That will help you turn through impact onto your left side better.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Shot shape is neutral. I don't tend to hit fats, but certainly lose power, in particular with Driver I feel I should be hitting this further.
I would suggest you stay more centred on your swing (think of swinging in a barell) get your sternum more upright and over the ball. Don't fall back through impact.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would suggest you stay more centred on your swing (think of swinging in a barell) get your sternum more upright and over the ball. Don't fall back through impact.

Thanks for the detailed replies. You are dead right with what you say.
The last lesson I had the pro said I was leaning towards the target with my spine, restricting my turn. He advised feel as thought I'm leaning slightly away from the target, to my right for a right hand player. This was with irons as well as Driver.
I saw that I have a reverse pivot on the video, but would post anyway. I certainly didn't feel like I did, but that's the problem with this game you can't see yourself. Feel and real very different!
Again I thought I was staying centred, but clearly I don't 😬
👍 thanks again

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Very little width, not a lot of shoulder turn & too much wrist movement. You really need to get the shoulder right under the chin & firm up the wrists. It's the coil of the upper body against a solid base and the big muscles which produce the power, not the flicking action with the hands.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've only had 3 lessons with him, and he was the last pro that I saw.
I've been looking at various pros on YouTube, namely:-
Chris Ryan
Eric Cogorno
Danny Maude

All good teachers I believe, however try Shawn Clements who has a different outlook on the way golf is tought.