Mizuno tour truck fitting day...

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Only just getting around to reading this thread. Fascinating read guys!

I’m in the market for a new set of Mizuno’s after 10 years playing my mp59’s which I’ve absolutely loved.

I’ve seen the offer of a full tour fitting experience for £500. Is this the same as what you guys did?

No. Basically for your £500 you get treated like a tour pro in terms of the morning fitting (about 3 hours). If you order anything it's at full retail, the £500 is NOT credit towards anything you buy. They then make them up for you on the truck whilst you have lunch, then back on the range to test them and for any minor tweaks.

https://mizunogolf.com/uk/custom-fit/tour-performance-studio/

jobr1850 had it done, can't remember if he posted about it. Might be worth PM'ing him.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow. Mine was free. Mizuno “days” where they come to a local course with all the gear aren’t charged (or weren’t in 2018 anyway). Then again that was 45 minutes, just irons. If I was getting a full bag would I pay the 500? Maybe if I had the money and that’s the experience I wanted, once in a lifetime stuff really. Then I think of these weekend schools covering your whole game for that price, or a weekend at two Top 10 courses and I wonder...

It’s your money, you rarely buy clubs, if you want to treat yourself and see what it’s like to be treated like royalty for the day then why not?

What I would say is that you can feel pressure to perform at a fitting and for 3 hours - especially having paid so much for it. Also not only will you be physically but mentally exhausted, so plan your exit strategy! And the best thing you can do is just play your normal game, you don’t have to nail every drive and pure every iron, the fitter is finding the best club for your normal game, so just enjoy it.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
No. Basically for your £500 you get treated like a tour pro in terms of the morning fitting (about 3 hours). If you order anything it's at full retail, the £500 is NOT credit towards anything you buy. They then make them up for you on the truck whilst you have lunch, then back on the range to test them and for any minor tweaks.

https://mizunogolf.com/uk/custom-fit/tour-performance-studio/

Does the £500 include the lunch and a bottle of Krug? :ROFLMAO: Imagine going back from lunch and shanking the heck out of the new clubs? :eek: I wonder if they have ever said, "sorry, mate, here's your cash back, your game ain't worth it!"

Hey, we're only here for a visit, and if you have the cash, what a grand day out! Money sat in a savings account is earning diddlly-squat, so fill your boots!