Mizuno tour truck fitting day...

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new set of irons, I've been a mizuno fan for ever so I'm not looking at trying any other manufacturers.

I was going to book a custom fit at Silvermere for next week (birthday) but just noticed there is a Mizuno tour truck fitting day at Silvermere towards the end of April.

Anyone have any experience with the tour truck? Is it worth waiting a month for when I already know what I want?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are you really going to get the best out of a fitting if you are going with your choice already made?
In my experience those who have got the most out of a fitting have gone with a fairly open mind as to what clubs they want.
As far as your 2 options, Imwould suggest Silvermere would have the greater different test options.

D

Deleted member 18588

Are you really going to get the best out of a fitting if you are going with your choice already made?
In my experience those who have got the most out of a fitting have gone with a fairly open mind as to what clubs they want.
As far as your 2 options, Imwould suggest Silvermere would have the greater different test options.

Not if the OP has decided that he is going for Mizuno.

The Tour truck is likely to have all the shafts, heads etc; imaginable plus fitters with specific brand expertise.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not if the OP has decided that he is going for Mizuno.

The Tour truck is likely to have all the shafts, heads etc; imaginable plus fitters with specific brand expertise.
I agree it should all the different options, but does it always have the quick change heads/shafts that fitting centres have?
I thought the tour truck has all the kit, but is primarily for instant permanent fititng

D

Deleted member 18588

I agree it should all the different options, but does it always have the quick change heads/shafts that fitting centres have?
I thought the tour truck has all the kit, but is primarily for instant permanent fititng

Pro's often try variations before clubs are made and this is often done employing the same methods that are used for the public.

Plus the space within the truck is more than enough to carry all the options.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site

I hear what you're saying regarding keeping an open mind, perhaps I should have included a bit more info...

I've been looking into irons for a couple of months now and have had a couple of American golf fittings where I've tried various manufacturers. The first fitting concluded the the mizuno 919 tours were the best dispersion wise. Maybe I have some sort of OCD but I went back to a different AG and said I wanted to test back to back the 919 tour, forged, MMC, SC and for giggles the MP18 blade. I was a bit concerned the 4i in the 919 tour was being optimistic so also considered the 919 forged in the 4i-6i but when hitting the forged and tour 4i back to back there was no real difference other than the forged was going a bit further (stronger loft). Got on surprisingly well with the MP18 blade 6i...

So, Im 99.9% decided on the 919 tours and the pro I'm having a lesson or 2 with suggested they're right for me (he doesn't deal with Mizuno unfortunately). However, I don't trust an AG indoor simulator hence looking into booking silvermere where its a range with Srixon Z-stars and although perhaps disputable, better fitters.

I just wondered if the tour truck would offer a better experience...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I imagine it will be a comprehensive fitting service and there will be a full range of shaft options available https://www.silvermere-golf.co.uk/news-events/mizuno-truck/

I've had fittings at Silvermere before and they provide an excellent service and again there was a large range of shaft options to choose from and a host of different makes on offer. Looking at the pictures in the link and from what I know of other similar days, they'll book some bays off on the range, you book a slot, pay the deposit and rock up and get fitted by one of the Mizuno trained fitters who I reckon will be top notch. It sounds a great opportunity and if the OP has his heart set on a set of Mizuno clubs the tour van experience would definitely start favourite for me

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same as any other companies fitting day.

Get to try all the options they have using the equipment they have for shaft analysis etc.

I have Mizzies , bought a couple of years ago, the things I liked was that there were no extra charges for any shaft or grip,no obligation to pay for the fitting and no obligation to buy.

I was also able to buy just the clubs I wanted without buying a full set and leaving clubs unused.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I imagine it will be a comprehensive fitting service and there will be a full range of shaft options available https://www.silvermere-golf.co.uk/news-events/mizuno-truck/

I've had fittings at Silvermere before and they provide an excellent service and again there was a large range of shaft options to choose from and a host of different makes on offer. Looking at the pictures in the link and from what I know of other similar days, they'll book some bays off on the range, you book a slot, pay the deposit and rock up and get fitted by one of the Mizuno trained fitters who I reckon will be top notch. It sounds a great opportunity and if the OP has his heart set on a set of Mizuno clubs the tour van experience would definitely start favourite for me

Cheers for this Homer,

What’s the deal with balls for the fitting? Do you need to buy a bucket or 2 or are they included in the fitting?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m booked in for a Mizzy day at belton park on April 3 chap, full write up guaranteed 😉

Cheers! I’ve booked a fitting this Friday at Silvermere, I’ll keep this post updated. Will see how it goes with a view to waiting for the tour truck if I’m in any doubt. After a little bit of research the Silvermere fitting is 90 minutes while the mizuno tour truck fitting is 45....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Cheers! I’ve booked a fitting this Friday at Silvermere, I’ll keep this post updated. Will see how it goes with a view to waiting for the tour truck if I’m in any doubt. After a little bit of research the Silvermere fitting is 90 minutes while the mizuno tour truck fitting is 45....
Is it the tour truck fitting or the Silvermere fitting you've booked?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it the tour truck fitting or the Silvermere fitting you've booked?

I think he’s gone for both?! I did a fitting at American golf last week, felt sorry for the fitter I reckon she was pretty good but they don’t have enough stock. The heads get stuck so not every head - shaft option was available - including the one it looked like I was best suited for. Good to know the right ball park. Think the jpx Forged are back in the conversation after having ruled them out initially