Mizuno tour truck fitting day...

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Glad J55TTC had a good fitting and found a combo that works. It is a very thorough fitting process and the guys really do know their stuff. Nice touch to give you such a big basket to warm up (didn't do that when I went). Looking forward to seeing that handicap tumble

Cheers Homer, grinding away and it’s paying off, MerristWood is really coming along nicely now as well.

Expecting a bit of a transition period with the new irons but plan on getting some serious range time with them very soon 👍🏻

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Cheers Homer, grinding away and it’s paying off, MerristWood is really coming along nicely now as well.

Expecting a bit of a transition period with the new irons but plan on getting some serious range time with them very soon 👍🏻
Get those distances learned asap especially at the bottom end and I have high hopes for a big season for you. Glad the course is coming on and we'll definitely get a game there this year

Dannyc

Visit site
I’ve been through the same with the tours and sc as u lads already know I ended up choosing the sc and absolutely love them One thing for certain once u own either set u will be a happy golfer 👍

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I’ve been through the same with the tours and sc as u lads already know I ended up choosing the sc and absolutely love them One thing for certain once u own either set u will be a happy golfer 👍

Same question as I put to J55TTC, did you look at the MMC at all & if so what were your thoughts?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Get those distances learned asap especially at the bottom end and I have high hopes for a big season for you. Glad the course is coming on and we'll definitely get a game there this year

Thanks man, I noticed a huge difference in distance between the Silvermere range balls and the srixon z stars used in the fitting. I’d love to go for a gapping session there with the z stars.... do you know they do that?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Cheers! I’ve booked a fitting this Friday at Silvermere, I’ll keep this post updated. Will see how it goes with a view to waiting for the tour truck if I’m in any doubt. After a little bit of research the Silvermere fitting is 90 minutes while the mizuno tour truck fitting is 45....

If it's a 'full on' fitting, you will likely be bordering on being knackered after 30mins! I think the Silvermere one allows time for more options to be selected and set up, whille the Tour Truck one gets to the Mizuno only 'best option' rather quicker.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
If it's a 'full on' fitting, you will likely be bordering on being knackered after 30mins! I think the Silvermere one allows time for more options to be selected and set up, whille the Tour Truck one gets to the Mizuno only 'best option' rather quicker.

Full write up ^^ up there 👍🏻

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thanks man, I noticed a huge difference in distance between the Silvermere range balls and the srixon z stars used in the fitting. I’d love to go for a gapping session there with the z stars.... do you know they do that?
I couldn't see anything on the website but I'm sure if you called them and asked to do one it is something they could quote for and that if you asked you can do it on the Z star balls and not the range ones

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Damn! Got an email today saying the clubs will be with me some time around the 15th *cry*

Sickener, I had to wait two months for my driver cos American golf got into trouble the day after I was fit! I don’t think it had anything to do with me.

Chin up chap you’ll love them long time when they arrive. Must ask what the lead time is today when I’m at my Mizuno fitting oh there we go a little wee came out. Every time.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just back from the Mizuno fitting day at Belton Park, elated and tired, you defo put a lot of effort and concentration in. Great set up , open range all to ourselves so nice and private wasn’t worried about talking while others were practicing. Mizuno tent set up with bags full of all the options, like a kid in a sweet shop. The club pro and Mizzy fitter were very personable and knowledgeable as you’d expect.

Optimiser suggested a few shafts and the Trackman fed live data onto a little screen. When I was up I hit the ball well, loads of good strikes to take data from and tight dispersions so it was a matter of fine tuning really. And what I thought I’d be getting from an ill-fated fitting at American golf (they didn’t have many options because several heads had become stuck in several shafts drastically reducing their range). I ended up with a set they didn’t even have. Different shafts too, I’ve been playing with the stiff KBS 90s and was confirmed at AG but got better flight with the Nippon 95s.

So the set will be 4 - 7 iron in the MP SCs and 8, 9 wedge in the MP blades. The 6 iron SC is about the same as a 7 iron Tour distance wise but the flight and dispersion were way better with the SCs. I hit the SC 4 iron better than the fli hi, even carved out a cheeky draw and couple of stingers with it. It’s way more forgiving/versatile than I would have imagined and the thin top line isn’t scary at all.

As for the MPs, I’m as confounded as anyone. Thought they’d be too much club for me but I was launching them sweet, the SC Wedge ballooned a few times and they said the blade is better for me to control. They were very complimentary about my striking and said I’d have no problem with them and he proof was in the data (and moreso where the ball went!). I pulled the trigger on the spot and will be hoping the magic doesn’t wear off when I get back from hols at Easter.

Then it’s time to shred this handicap 👍🏻

Dannyc

Visit site
Sound that is what u playing off may I ask?
Wished I had more blades than just my pw especially 9 iron but more than happy there all absolutely gorgeous clubs
Season starts Saturday 👍

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Off 9 (8.8) at the mo but if I can get a run of play together that should come down significantly. I work away a lot, go home plenty and like my hols in between so rarely play more than once a weekend and very rarely 2 or 3 weekends in a row. Been hitting the range a fair bit with a mind to new irons (gained 20 yards carry with a custom fit driver so figured irons were next). My long game is good but short game putting and scoring suffers when I’m not playing consistently. So hoping for a good run this year and put a few low ones in 👍🏻

I think these will be like my old MP54s, they look so classy behind the call you just want to do them justice, it’s like they’re precision instruments and demand the best from you. Does that mean I haven’t chunked them in the jungle? Of course not. But if there’s a good swing in there I think they bring it out. It’s a big investment but I got a bonus for travelling so much last year so this is my way of offsetting the interruption to my golf!

Best of luck Saturday chap!

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Off 9 (8.8) at the mo but if I can get a run of play together that should come down significantly. I work away a lot, go home plenty and like my hols in between so rarely play more than once a weekend and very rarely 2 or 3 weekends in a row. Been hitting the range a fair bit with a mind to new irons (gained 20 yards carry with a custom fit driver so figured irons were next). My long game is good but short game putting and scoring suffers when I’m not playing consistently. So hoping for a good run this year and put a few low ones in 👍🏻

I think these will be like my old MP54s, they look so classy behind the call you just want to do them justice, it’s like they’re precision instruments and demand the best from you. Does that mean I haven’t chunked them in the jungle? Of course not. But if there’s a good swing in there I think they bring it out. It’s a big investment but I got a bonus for travelling so much last year so this is my way of offsetting the interruption to my golf!

Best of luck Saturday chap!

Sounds great Curls, I loved the MP-18 SC as well, I’d have a set of these and the tours if I could! The combo set is a great way to go, and I like the way Mizuno have the 919 tours & MP-18SC in the same lofts as the MP-18 blade (8-PW MP-18 is something I may move to myself in time). Like you, I wasn’t sure if I was good enough for the Tours or MP-18 SC but they aren’t hard to hit at all. I know the go to comment for these kind of clubs is “not very confidence inspiring” when looking down on them at address but I feel the opposite, the thin top line etc just looks sublime.

Interesting you say about the PW ballooning on you, I’ve been finding this with my 850 forged’s. Rather hoping the 919 tour don’t balloon on me in the lower irons.

I’ll update when mine arrive, someone on a Facebook group last week said he ordered Thursday and had them by the following Wednesday so Fingers crossed they’re ready before the 15th