Missing Golf?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As I’ve no mixer postcrete is a simple option for me, ?mind you I was putting a arch in last summer thought I was finished until hid came out and said “it’s not the right angle” just managed to shift it before it set ?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I'm from Surrey.... but I know about "chuckies!"

Wife's great aunt married a man from Falkirk during the war and in 1945 moved up there with him. By the late 80s when I first met her, she had a broad Scottish accent..and chuckies were part of the vocabulary!

Had several lovely trips to Blinkbonnie Road...sadly they are both no longer with us!

I need some chuckies to fix a greenhouse base!

Lots of jobs as there's no golf!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a not so good golfer I really miss the banter with my mates, one of us will hit a duff shot, a lucky shot, a good drive one that maybe bounces sharp right into a bunker, then can't they get out, cigar time Laurence :ROFLMAO:
3 or 4 putting can be funny but we try not to laugh.:p
Driving OOB, losing a ball in the heavy rough someone will say I wish I'd worn my Safari suit today, or bouncing 1 across the water and whistling the Dam Busters tune saying well done Barnes Wallace lol.
You can't get banter like that just going for a walk a run , can you ?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Still no urge here to play golf.

This is getting worrying! Just picked up some fence slats tonight, 40 6'x4" and 4 3x3 posts.

Need to get some chuckies from somewhere to mix up some concrete.

Was that essential travel there. Not sure Boris (or for that matter Nicola) said you could leave your house to buy fencing. :D

Seriously, you did well to get them. I was meant to get a new fence built last weekend but the chap cancelled as his suppliers are all closed now.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
As I’ve no mixer postcrete is a simple option for me, ?mind you I was putting a arch in last summer thought I was finished until hid came out and said “it’s not the right angle” just managed to shift it before it set ?

I don't have a mixer either - I'm the mixer. Shovel and elbow grease plus it's a bloody good workout!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Was that essential travel there. Not sure Boris (or for that matter Nicola) said you could leave your house to buy fencing. :D

Seriously, you did well to get them. I was meant to get a new fence built last weekend but the chap cancelled as his suppliers are all closed now.

Just outside the village - Alter Landscapes also have their own timber mill.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Missing the banter and camaraderie of the club - my usual 40 odd group plus every member I play with. i don’t have friendships of a matey sort outside of the club and my church - and the latter tend to not be a rip-roaring laugh and not that ‘matey’ as much as they are all very lovely ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I've not been a member for a couple of years (not had the time to play) and have only played a couple of rounds in each of those years, but I've been taking my daily exercise walk on the links (usually with the wife who is still a member) and I'm desperate to get out for a round once this is over - course looks great.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yeah, watched some of the Irish stuff today too.
I like the way they also played the lesser known courses, including par 3s.
Taken me two days to work out Todd and Tron are the same person ?, not a fan of that Neil, but enjoy their stuff.

They do the best golf content for me, the production quality puts most of the rest of the youtubers to shame.