Missing Golf?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
According to forecasts, at least around here, were going to get the rain we need in the next couple of weeks.
That'll really get the courses looking good for when we go back.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We're another with not real junior section to talk of. We do have a junior academy and the pro shop were doing a good job of getting youngsters to the club and getting shown the basics. It would be great to see a few joining and the section rising again. If it did I'd be more than happy (subject to the usual DBS clearances of course) to assist

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Love the Moray coast for golf and most of them are a great price although Moray Old has gone to a silly price now. I have played in the open week loads of times.

Have yet to play Cullen but it looks like a right laugh.

Fortrose and Rosemarkie have gone the same way, not that long ago it was £30 for a round. Now it's crazy money.

dronfield

Visit site
Love the Moray coast for golf and most of them are a great price although Moray Old has gone to a silly price now. I have played in the open week loads of times.

Have yet to play Cullen but it looks like a right laugh.

I have played Moray "new" a few times, but never the old. With all the great value links courses in that area, never saw the need to pay a high green fee. When i first went up there in 1992, they did a Moray golf ticket that covered about 6 courses in the area.

if you happy to drive an hour or so there are other great courses with slightly higher green fees - Fraserburgh, Elgin and Cruden Bay (not played there since 1995 so imagine is now pretty expensive).

Mick68

Visit site
I'll raise your Gourock GC views for Rothesay GC views my good sir.

?
I've played Rothesay and my parents and sister live there. I'd still take the views at Greenock and Gourock. All firth of Clyde though and all very picturesque.

Last edited:

Mick68

Visit site
Pfffft, never been near Machrihamish on a clear day? Easily the best views in Scottish golf IMO
I have played Machrihanish. Great views and great course but still prefer views from the Inverclyde courses. There's more to look at with the hills, lochs and the Clyde opening up into the sea.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am missing it hugely. Golf was something that got me through the working week, knowing that when Saturday comes I'll be getting up and getting out on the course for a few hours with my mates, and forgetting everything else. It's quite hard to keep going when you have precisely zero to look forward to. Just endless days to fill with nothing.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I am missing it hugely. Golf was something that got me through the working week, knowing that when Saturday comes I'll be getting up and getting out on the course for a few hours with my mates, and forgetting everything else. It's quite hard to keep going when you have precisely zero to look forward to. Just endless days to fill with nothing.

Same here, I’m now finding my getting out of bed time is later and later with nothing to get up for.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Our greenstaff keep posting updated photos of the club on Facebook and Twitter. It's torture! I just want to get out there.
Our club has now brought another greenkeeper back in as it looks like the restrictions may ease so we're all waiting for our chance to get out there.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

I've never been busier and found loads to do in my "spare time" which would normally have been wasted on the golf course hitting a wee white ball.

I've demolished my old shed and burned it. I have challenged myself and made a new fence which looks excellent. I've moved an electrical supply from one shed to another, something I had never done before and was always "scared" of electricity however after a good few Youtube videos and some reading it was a very straightforward process. Hardest part was digging a trench. I've redone all my flowerbeds and my back grass is now getting attacked with seed and feed, watered etc.

I've just ordered two tonne of type 1 gravel to make the sub base of a path I have decided to put in at the back of my garden, and will now start that once it arrives.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've never been busier and found loads to do in my "spare time" which would normally have been wasted on the golf course hitting a wee white ball.

I've demolished my old shed and burned it. I have challenged myself and made a new fence which looks excellent. I've moved an electrical supply from one shed to another, something I had never done before and was always "scared" of electricity however after a good few Youtube videos and some reading it was a very straightforward process. Hardest part was digging a trench. I've redone all my flowerbeds and my back grass is now getting attacked with seed and feed, watered etc.

I've just ordered two tonne of type 1 gravel to make the sub base of a path I have decided to put in at the back of my garden, and will now start that once it arrives.
where did you burn your shed??;)