Missing Golf?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
A friend of mine lives in a flat above the clubhouse and keeps sending our group photos of the course as he walks around. It's looking fantastic, especially in the sunshine this weekend. Am I missing it? Absolutely!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
hell yes, asp as we have had 3 weeks of cracking weather up here. couses look stunning and the only people using them are walkers and people walking dogs.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Vermin - non native and depleting the natural red squirrel population. Get rid.

You are right that they are pushing out the native population, but my objection is that it needs to be done in the right way, avoiding cruelty.

Could we also bring an end to millions of non-native pheasants being released into the country every year so abhorrent people can shoot them for fun?

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I broke my foot at the start of lockdown so it’s sort of helped as I only missed one week when everyone else was playing. However as I’m approach the end of the injury I’m thinking about playing more and more. As others have said it’s about playing with your mates as much as anything.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You are right that they are pushing out the native population, but my objection is that it needs to be done in the right way, avoiding cruelty.

Could we also bring an end to millions of non-native pheasants being released into the country every year so abhorrent people can shoot them for fun?

Different argument re pheasants.

A shot is a quick and humane way to dispatch of the invasive rodent.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Different argument re pheasants.

A shot is a quick and humane way to dispatch of the invasive rodent.

Perhaps a quick shot with the right equipment by someone who knows what they are doing then maybe it is.

Pheasants could be having an adverse effect on native species too.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Would be an interesting day out there today
20mph wind coming from the opposite direction from normal.....
sigh.........:confused:

Visit site
I began this lockdown wondering how I would survive without golf. Like others, the winter had been lousy, and I was really looking forward to getting out on the course and actually playing it dry for a change.
But just like many fellow posters on here, I find that all I am missing is the "craic" with my mates out on the course, and in the bar afterwards.
I am fairly half heartedly practising my chipping in the garden, and thwacking a few plastic balls, but this lockdown has taken the stuffing right out of me, AND I wouldn't be at all surprised if (as has been mentioned), quite a few don't return immediately to the game. It will be interesting to see just what transpires...........and when!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
hell yes, asp as we have had 3 weeks of cracking weather up here. couses look stunning and the only people using them are walkers and people walking dogs.
This is wrong .. if I choose to walk with a bag of clubs that is not allowed ? It’s all in or not at all ... !
( I did feel good after that outburst )

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm definitely missing golf. I'm retired and weather dependent I would be out playing 4 times a week on average so now have nothing to do. Getting up later and later and making the dog walks last longer just to try and make the day shorter.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Got to be the best thread-jack ever! Discussion of whether you miss golf, diverts to "save our squirrel!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Monday morning, sitting at the laptop in my home office -perfect blue skies, but a keen easterly wind blowing. (we rarely have those) I wouldn't be playing golf today anyway! But yesterday afternoon, would have been great for a game, and/or a drive out to a Tintern or Symonds Yat, a walk along the river and a pub lunch.

Normality is being missed - and golf is a part of that normality.