Missing Golf?

D

Deleted member 18588

Unlike many on here I am quite happy pottering around the course on my own and now there's more daylight I would normally be at the club around 6.45 and out there with only Mother Nature and the green staff for company.

Trouble is these are not normal times and I still wake as usual, look out of the window, see another perfect golfing morning and........
go back to bed!

Am I missing my golf? Definitely!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unlike many on here I am quite happy pottering around the course on my own and now there's more daylight I would normally be at the club around 6.45 and out there with only Mother Nature and the green staff for company.

Trouble is these are not normal times and I still wake as usual, look out of the window, see another perfect golfing morning and........
go back to bed!

Am I missing my golf? Definitely!
I love playing in the evening.. fox and dear come out and the woods become scary !
I miss it totally .. when they re-open I will be cancelling lots of trivial stuff

Wolf

Visit site
Yes, and anyone who says otherwise, well, beggars belief. It's a relief from the day to day drag of life and working for the rich people who will be getting richer out of all this. I'm so fed up I'm seriously thinking of buying an air pistol and shooting the squirrel that is hacking up my lawn, and the wife didn't tear strip off me when I suggested it which is a tad worrying so I've hid all the sharp knives in the house just to be on the safe side.
I don't see how it beggars belief, to me and others golf is merely not that important. It also doesn't provide from the relief of the drag of life you describe, as my life is not drag at all. I enjoy my work, I have a great family life and have many other things I can fill my time with.

If your life isnas you say really a drag sounds like therr are bigger issues you need to address other than just playing golf.

Oh and leave the squirrels alone, to suggest harming an innocent animal is plain pathetic.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I don't see how it beggars belief, to me and others golf is merely not that important. It also doesn't provide from the relief of the drag of life you describe, as my life is not drag at all. I enjoy my work, I have a great family life and have many other things I can fill my time with.

The golf forum, however, that's a different kettle of fish altogether! ;)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
You can “miss golf” without it being “life or death.” I would have thought that most people “miss” going out and doing whatever it is they fill their spare time with. No harm in that. I am surprised that some don’t miss it at all.

I don’t miss the long drive on the motorway and nights in a hotel to do the work that I am currently going perfectly well from a room in my house.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, and anyone who says otherwise, well, beggars belief. It's a relief from the day to day drag of life and working for the rich people who will be getting richer out of all this. I'm so fed up I'm seriously thinking of buying an air pistol and shooting the squirrel that is hacking up my lawn, and the wife didn't tear strip off me when I suggested it which is a tad worrying so I've hid all the sharp knives in the house just to be on the safe side.
Try reasoning with it, the squirrel I mean .
It’s better than talking to yourself.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Having not had any desire to play over winter, for the first time ever, I’m now itching to play, especially with this weather. It doesn’t help that I played 6 holes the Friday before we were locked down, first swings since October, and I hit it great, the bug came straight back.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Squirrels are vermin so I agree get rid of it, especially if its a grey. Non native and very invasive so you would be doing the ecosystem a favour.

Red then I agree leave it alone.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m missing the banter, a few pints afterwards and that odd, fleeting feeling of hitting a good shot. The terrible weather we endured over the winter kind of got me out of the habit of playing regularly anyway. I’ve not bought a practice net or had the urge to putt a few balls. Whilst I will no doubt enjoy playing again after lockdown, it’s not anywhere near the top of my list of things to do.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Squirrels are vermin so I agree get rid of it, especially if its a grey. Non native and very invasive so you would be doing the ecosystem a favour.

Red then I agree leave it alone.

You can't just go shooting wildlife whether you believe it to be vermin or not.
In areas where there are native squirrels that is a different matter but even then steps need to be taken to to lessen the likelihood of suffering. Encouraging someone to take a potshot with an air rifle is not the way to go.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You can't just go shooting wildlife whether you believe it to be vermin or not.
In areas where there are native squirrels that is a different matter but even then steps need to be taken to to lessen the likelihood of suffering. Encouraging someone to take a potshot with an air rifle is not the way to go.

Vermin - non native and depleting the natural red squirrel population. Get rid.