Minister grabs activist

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe Khan should consider his position as the number of murders and stabbings in London are out of control. There's lots of politicians on both sides of the argument I'd give time to. Khan is nowhere near one of them.

Violent crime is up across the country. Police cuts and cuts to youth services haven’t helped. Can’t blame Khan for them.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Violent crime is up across the country. Police cuts and cuts to youth services haven’t helped. Can’t blame Khan for them.

As Mayor of London he will have more than a small say in how those resources are used. Yes Blunkett and May are the major causes of the cuts but Khan, or his office, are not without culpability.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
As Mayor of London he will have more than a small say in how those resources are used. Yes Blunkett and May are the major causes of the cuts but Khan, or his office, are not without culpability.

I’m sure he has to bear some responsibility as it’s on his watch but a lot of people blame him without looking at the bigger picture. What’s happening isn’t unique to London but the way some people comment you’d think it was and that Khan was solely responsible.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Or it might be that Tory voters can emphaise more with a middle aged white man with anger issues....

Not quite sure what the problem is with being angry when a trespasser interrupts a private function.

Perhaps the next time you’re having a do for friends you could post it up on here and a few of us could pop in uninvited to see your reaction?

D

Deleted member 15344

People being labelled pro this anti that , plus other derogatory comments towards posters ?! Why ? Just because someone has an opinion that means there must be a labelled attached to them ? Can there not be a strong debate from both sides with the need for people to pigeon hole others because they share a different opinion ? It’s irrelevant what party the person represents - it’s the actions that should be judged.

How much power does the Mayor of London actually have ? Always wondered.

Most towns have a mayor but mainly for ceremonies and the council or county council run things in regards fundings etc

Pin-seeker

Visit site
People being labelled pro this anti that , plus other derogatory comments towards posters ?! Why ? Just because someone has an opinion that means there must be a labelled attached to them ? Can there not be a strong debate from both sides with the need for people to pigeon hole others because they share a different opinion ? It’s irrelevant what party the person represents - it’s the actions that should be judged.

Most towns have a mayor but mainly for ceremonies and the council or county council run things in regards fundings etc
Ok real life Ned Flanders,don’t get your knickers in a twist 👍🏻👍🏻 😇

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Well said on the "its irrelevant what party the person represents..." Pity we have to hear the opposite from Hacker on a regular basis. Personally, I'm fed up with seeing the middle aged white man/golf club member/Tory supporter comment. It says a lot about him and his narrow minded stereotyping.

PS, its donkey's years (30-ish) since I voted Tory...

The Mayors of the metropolitan boroughs carry quite a bit of clout. Suggest you YouTube some of his council meetings - very revealing.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I’ve seen so many comments akin to “Look at the anger on his face. He’s clearly a wifebeater. His anger came so naturally to him.”

What the hell...

D

Deleted member 15344

Well said on the "its irrelevant what party the person represents..." Pity we have to hear the opposite from Hacker on a regular basis. Personally, I'm fed up with seeing the middle aged white man/golf club member/Tory supporter comment. It says a lot about him and his narrow minded stereotyping.

PS, its donkey's years (30-ish) since I voted Tory...

The Mayors of the metropolitan boroughs carry quite a bit of clout. Suggest you YouTube some of his council meetings - very revealing.

That’s a very fair shout and it’s a “stereotype” that can be used poorly as well - and is typical of the way people are happy to lump people into a pool depending on their opinion etc.

But there have been occasions where there “White Middle aged golf club member” ( no idea how anyone can judge a person’s political persuasion when the parties aren’t much different ) etc ideals have been very relevant to a poster or posters where posting an opinion but for me It’s the people I have met when they post an opinion I know the person they are and where it’s coming from even if I don’t agree with them. Where as the ones i haven’t met on here can only judge by what they post

Last edited by a moderator:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

In the UK yes.... but within one region of the UK it has fallen quite significantly.
That would be the region that did not reduce the number of front line police

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and say Scotland. And I'm basing that purely on the fact that it's good news and therefore must be down to the SNP.

EDIT - Although I did just Google the Scottish crime statistics and found this story which suggests my guess might be wrong.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/crime...ng-rise-in-number-of-violent-crimes-1-4929947
Interesting. We keep hearing serious crime is lower in scotland due to having more police per capita.