Minister grabs activist

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

I'm well aware of that, either wise we'd still stone unruly children, still have slaves and not work on the sabbath.

So can the same not be applied to Khan and his thinking of the paragraph you mention from the Quran ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
So can the same not be applied to Khan and his thinking of the paragraph you mention from the Quran ?

I'm sure most christians would admit there are many parts of the bible which they disagree with.
Try getting a muslim to say the same about the qur'an

And if you leave christianity, your vicar/priest won't be happy. If you leave islam, it's the death penalty.
In other words, muslims are more devout in following their religion.
In my opinion

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I would take a guess at Glasgow. I know they had a knife crime problem a few years ago and the different agencies got together and made a concerted effort to tackle it. They have been very successful apparently.

Is the right answer. I remember Doom posting about crime in England around the time of Indy Ref. I posted Glasgow's crime figures to show that, at that time, Glasgow was worse than London for violent crime per head of capita.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You know Doon you have some excellent points to make, but your negativity turns people off reading what you say. The success of Glasgow is to be admired and is appreciated by those that want to see an end to knife crime throughout the whole of the UK. It was a point that was so passionately stressed on QT only last Thursday. I can assure you it is not " totally ignored by everyone". 👍

Please tell me who is not ignoring this.
Even on here we had people 'avin a pop' at the two women advocating following the Glasgow ideas.
'Blaming every one but themselves' I think was said.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I am not ignoring Glasgow Doon and a fair few others are not either. Inc the two women on Thursday night. The problem with the two women was. They came across as its society's fault. It may well be but everyone had a part to play inc parents/ them but they appeared to me to be pointing the fingers away from themselves.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am not ignoring Glasgow Doon and a fair few others are not either. Inc the two women on Thursday night. The problem with the two women was. They came across as its society's fault. It may well be but everyone had a part to play inc parents/ them but they appeared to me to be pointing the fingers away from themselves.

I did not see it like that at all.
In my view they were passionate women standing up for the safety of their children.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
English translation
Quite possibly the problem!

And The New Testament seems to either forgive rape - for a cost! - or require the victim to stoned to death as well as the perpetrator!

Another reason why certain texts - from both/all scriptures - should be occasionally reassessed/revised for 'modern' times!

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Quite possibly the problem!

And The New Testament seems to either forgive rape - for a cost! - or require the victim to stoned to death as well as the perpetrator!

Another reason why certain texts - from both/all scriptures - should be occasionally reassessed/revised for 'modern' times!
The new testament reprieved the laws of the old and set new rules based on forgiveness and love for the fellow man.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I did not see it like that at all.
In my view they were passionate women standing up for the safety of their children.
Safety that as parents they are responsible for. You will find that in many cases they are single parents where the father has left them and where previous political administrations have almost encouraged women to manage without men. The breakdown of the traditional family unit plays a big part in the way many young people have been raised and their lack of role models. Those women need to look at themselves and not expect government to hold responsibility.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Safety that as parents they are responsible for. You will find that in many cases they are single parents where the father has left them and where previous political administrations have almost encouraged women to manage without men. The breakdown of the traditional family unit plays a big part in the way many young people have been raised and their lack of role models. Those women need to look at themselves and not expect government to hold responsibility.

Not quite sure why you appear to be ignoring the victims of violent crime that have grown up as part of a loving family unit...

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not quite sure why you appear to be ignoring the victims of violent crime that have grown up as part of a loving family unit...
It seems like the perpetrators and victims are often members of gangs and involved in drug dealing. Of course with some knife crime the victims are innocent but I suggest that is not the norm.