Minister grabs activist

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It seems like the perpetrators and victims are often members of gangs and involved in drug dealing. Of course with some knife crime the victims are innocent but I suggest that is not the norm.

Why aren't gang members who've been knifed innocent victims? They are often attacked when out on their own or in a small group. Sometimes, living in a particular area and not being part of the local gang makes an individual a target, and the only way not to be a target is to become a member of the gang.

Unless its a knife fight I'd say any one stabbed is a victim irrespective of whether or not they are a gang member.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems like the perpetrators and victims are often members of gangs and involved in drug dealing. Of course with some knife crime the victims are innocent but I suggest that is not the norm.

Then, I would suggest, society has failed this generation... In not being able to provide them with an alternative to violence and crime...

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Then, I would suggest, society has failed this generation... In not being able to provide them with an alternative to violence and crime...
I dont buy that arguement. Theres lots they can do but they dont want to do it, the majority of young people dont have that problem.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont buy that arguement. Theres lots they can do but they dont want to do it, the majority of young people dont have that problem.

I am not talking of youth clubs or more pointy hat wearers on our streets... But proper employment opportunities with a future... If all that is on offer is work in the gig economy then, I would suggest, delivering a 'wrap' to be a whole lot more profitable than delivering a pizza 🍕...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Right let’s take religion out of this discussion completely please

It is totally irrelevant to the thread and serves no purpose.

Thank you
While I'll certainly do so after this, I feel I need to make a correction to my post that mentioned a New Testament..
And The New Testament seems to either forgive rape - for a cost! - or require the victim to stoned to death as well as the perpetrator!
That actually came from the Old Testament! The document I quoted where the text was from was wrong - assigning the quote (from Deuteronomy)to Ephesians!
I apologise for the inaccuracy!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am not talking of youth clubs or more pointy hat wearers on our streets... But proper employment opportunities with a future... If all that is on offer is work in the gig economy then, I would suggest, delivering a 'wrap' to be a whole lot more profitable than delivering a pizza 🍕...
But why should this be a particular problem only to a very small minority. Young people are not drug dealing in massive numbers and getting involved in knife crime. It's more related to certain ethnic communities and as I have suggested a bi product of family breakdown. Blaming politicians is incorrect IMO, the cause lies nearer to home. How can you prioritise drug dealing over honest graft, I find that comment unbelievable.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
But why should this be a particular problem only to a very small minority. Young people are not drug dealing in massive numbers and getting involved in knife crime. It's more related to certain ethnic communities and as I have suggested a bi product of family breakdown. Blaming politicians is incorrect IMO, the cause lies nearer to home. How can you prioritise drug dealing over honest graft, I find that comment unbelievable.

I am questioning society as a whole not just politicians... We seem more ready to demonise rather provide support, seek solutions...

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am questioning society as a whole not just politicians... We seem more ready to demonise rather provide support, seek solutions...
The general public cant supply solutions, but who can? I grew up in a time of real austerity where my family and the community around us had very little. We didn't deal drugs or in general turn to crime, we just accepted where we were and did what we could through honest endeavour to make the best of and improve our lives. My wife and I raised our three children in a loving family and worked hard to give them the best start in life we could, they never got involved in drugs or knife crime either. My children like ourselves grew up with parents that did all they could to put them on the right path such that they understood good values in life and had the support to make the best of their lives. Many of these young people today are missing this start in life, OK you can't blame them for that but who is to blame? The only blame I can level at Politicians is that in the recent past they have supported the concept that Women do not need Men in a family to raise children, that concept IMO if flawed and has been a big influence in some ethnic communities where drug gang culture and knife/gun crime is more prevalent.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Society is in a position to help provide solutions... That's why we go to the polls to ensure we have politicians in place who are willing/able to resolve the issues around this... Sadly, we've collectively failed...
Do you have no comments regarding the rest of my post, that was just the introduction.

I agree weve failed and I have suggested why.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I thought this thread was about a boozed up politician roughing up a female protestor?

Yes and it’s been hijacked

Back to the original matter please, feel free to start another thread on knife crime and the various ills of society.

The Rev Judge Fragger has spoken, heed his words 👍

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes and it’s been hijacked

Back to the original matter please, feel free to start another thread on knife crime and the various ills of society.

The Rev Judge Fragger has spoken, heed his words 👍

Why the need for such rigid conversation? It’s clear topics like this will move onto larger themes and that’s natural and is healthy for debate and discussion.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Why the need for such rigid conversation? It’s clear topics like this will move onto larger themes and that’s natural and is healthy for debate and discussion.

Because experience shows that often the OP gets miffed when their thread goes walkabout.

It’s also in the Mod Handbook to keep threads on track

Also mentioned in the Forum rules bit in OOB.

This thread has already been put back on track once (religious tangent)

Is that enough reasons or shall I resort to “because I said so” because that would be very unimaginative of me 👍

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Because experience shows that often the OP gets miffed when their thread goes walkabout.

It’s also in the Mod Handbook to keep threads on track

Also mentioned in the Forum rules bit in OOB.

This thread has already been put back on track once (religious tangent)

Is that enough reasons or shall I resort to “because I said so” because that would be very unimaginative of me 👍

Happy to follow the rules, just think it’s worth rethinking those.