Membership Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdowsey1024

Visit site
Good morning
I belong to a club through a yearly reduced rate agreement that I paid in advance
The club has a resturant and I belong to a weekly group that plays
The service at the club is wanting on many occasions and they are less than willing to be flexible
I usually have to custom my requests as I have allergies and can't eat everything
Recently I was there and ordered a soup for my daughter
The soup came out and it was clear it had sat out and gelled
It was so thick that when I scooped up on a spoon and pinned it sideways it stuck to the spoon
I was with a group of women and started cracking up laughing as I was holding the soup on the spoon and it wouldn't fall
I caked over the waitress (I didn't yell or act nastily -though I do have a normally projecting voice) I said her name and said this is disgusting
I was still laughing with the group and was really light hearted with the comment
She took the soup back and walked away
Ten minutes later I went back over to her and said are you going to bring another bowl of soup
She said no
So I said are you going to refund my money
She said I would need to speak to the owner
I said okay please get her
Nothing and another 10 minutes so I went back over and said is she coming
The waitress said the owner said she is too busy to talk to me and said next time to serve me water as I was difficult
I sent a text to the owner and told her to keep the money for the soup and explained what happened
I wasn't mean or nasty in the text just expressed my frustration at her not being willing to talk to me and not returning the money
As a result they suspended me from the club and golf for a month -which I already paid for
They laugh at me and say I need to live with the consequences of my actions
They already have my money for the year
Should I take them to small claims court for the membership and stop going to the golf course

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On the face of it that seems extreme but is there history that has led to this, is this the whole story?

Apologise for any offence you may have caused and carry on in a month - don’t cut off your nose.

rdowsey1024

Visit site
On the face of it that seems extreme but is there history that has led to this, is this the whole story?

Apologise for any offence you may have caused and carry on in a month - don’t cut off your nose.
Thank you l for your response
Your calming words have merit but it infuriates me that they can do whatever they want since they have my money
I'm not the only member they have dinner this to
Thru are rude and harsh people without any empathy or compassion
If it rant my home course I never would have joined as it isn't in great shspe
I definately will never join again but to sirens the rest of the year with there hostility send undressing right now

rdowsey1024

Visit site
Thank you l for your response
Your calming words have merit but it infuriates me that they can do whatever they want since they have my money
I'm not the only member they have dinner this to
Thru are rude and harsh people without any empathy or compassion
If it rant my home course I never would have joined as it isn't in great shspe
I definately will never join again but to sirens the rest of the year with there hostility send undressing right now
Unbearable
Sorry typo

JayB

Visit site

Got to agree, this isn't normal rational behaviour for a bowl of soup, must be past history or something else going on.

mister v

Visit site
from what you've written this does sound like a large overreaction. Id try to book an appointment with said owner to discuss before taking any stronger action...

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Something not quite right here for me, but here goes anyway.

My view on what has been written is that anyone who is talking about taking a golf club to the small claims court for something as petty as this, before even trying to have a rational conversation about it, is perhaps the sort of person who has not handled the initial situation particularly well to begin with.

No golf club in the world would suspend a member simply for returning a bowl of soup. Quite aside from anything else, that sort of reaction sends an awful message to the rest of the membership and paying visitors.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not worth the effort for one month’s subs/access. Become a car park member till the end of the year, then move on. With what you will save over the bar and in the restaurant try the other local clubs before choosing where to join. Whatever you do don’t escalate things as whatever club you decide to join may contact your current club.

RichA

Visit site
Did you pay in advance by credit card? If so, take a look at chargeback with your card provider. You need to demonstrate that you have attempted to resolve the issue like grownups with the trader though.

PaulMdj

Visit site
What disciplinary procedures does the Club have in place?
Surely for you to be banned they/someone has lodged a complaint and someone has decided to punish you without hearing your side?

Is a Member’s Club or Privately owned?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The serving of Brown Windsor Soup is an important part of the golf heritage of the country.
You should not question it's provenance. Whether or not they had the right to suspend your membership is dependent on your attire.
Were your jacket and tie appropriate or did you have the shiny appearance of a bell boy?
If the latter you can have no complaint.

NearHull

Visit site
A properly formed Club will have a formal complaints procedure. That has to be your first action to resolve the dispute.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
AI bot was my initial instinct.
…this snippet rather beggars belief…but giving OP the benefit of doubt then it’s quite unacceptable…and to suspend membership given OP got a bit upset by that response. Well I think I’d get a little upset also. However…I’m not sure.

The waitress said the owner said she is too busy to talk to me and said next time to serve me water as I was difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.