Accommodation St Andrews Area 17-24th August

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Might sound a bit of an odd one this…however I’ll ask in any case.

A friend at my club is looking for FLEXIBLE accommodation options for the week of the AIG Women’s Open - 17th to 24th August. Maybe max half hour travel from StA.

His daughter - the World #4 amateur in the women’s game - is very likely to be playing in it having pre-qualified, but may (outside likelihood as that may be) have to qualify, hence the 17th. Of course she might not qualify and if she does she might not make the cut. Hence the wish for flexibility in cancellation in the booking or arrangement he’ll make.

Anyone with any ideas or contacts in the area that may be interested or able to help. He’s looking for accommodation for 3 (himself, his daughter and her coach) and likely a fourth (her mum) if she makes the cut.

Indeed if you live within 30mins of StA and have a big house 😘

It’s not a big deal as he’ll just book 7 nights for the three or four of them if other options don’t turn up.

Her coach asked me yesterday with a ‘you’re Scottish do you know anyone in StA area’ 🫣🤣

Anyway…I’ve put it out there.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Might sound a bit of an odd one this…however I’ll ask in any case.

A friend at my club is looking for FLEXIBLE accommodation options for the week of the AIG Women’s Open - 17th to 24th August. Maybe max half hour travel from StA.

His daughter - the World #4 amateur in the women’s game - is very likely to be playing in it having pre-qualified, but may (outside likelihood as that may be) have to qualify, hence the 17th. Of course she might not qualify and if she does she might not make the cut. Hence the wish for flexibility in cancellation in the booking or arrangement he’ll make.

Anyone with any ideas or contacts in the area that may be interested or able to help. He’s looking for accommodation for 3 (himself, his daughter and her coach) and likely a fourth (her mum) if she makes the cut.

Indeed if you live within 30mins of StA and have a big house 😘

It’s not a big deal as he’ll just book 7 nights for the three or four of them if other options don’t turn up.

Her coach asked me yesterday with a ‘you’re Scottish do you know anyone in StA area’ 🫣🤣

Anyway…I’ve put it out there.
Airbnb is probably your best bet.

Had a quick look, nice 3 bed cottage in Kingsbarns, free cancellation until 17th July, assume she will know if she's qualified by then?).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Airbnb is probably your best bet.

Had a quick look, nice 3 bed cottage in Kingsbarns, free cancellation until 17th July, assume she will know if she's qualified by then?).

Many thanks. Will pass that on. She’ll almost 100% certain be pre-qualified - so won’t need to play the qualifying comp, But he needs to book just in case. And of course is hopeful she’ll make the cut for the weekend…but that’s quite another matter.

D

Deleted member 35504

An early taster of "life on tour" for them.
Not knowing how long the accom will be needed and in turn trying to keep costs as low as possible. If she gets on tour then of course flights will also come into it, the return flight is booked for Sunday and you miss the cut on Friday etc etc