Membership Fees

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Still at Arcot Hall....??
How much will fees rise to now...?

£740 plus £14 affiliation fee.

Am going to drop down to 6 days which is about £90 less as I never play on Saturdays.

Could get cheaper round here, but I like the course, and I love the fact its pretty quiet most of the time - only saw 2 other groups today, one 3 holes in front of us and one 4 holes behind.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours always go up by the rate of inflation at lowest and 5 day members fees always go up more than full members (they are trying to phase out 5 day membership by the back door).

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine went up a wee bit, can't remember exactly but not much.

TBH, they could put them up £100 and I'd pay it, value for money from what I get from the club as a whole :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ours always go up by the rate of inflation at lowest and 5 day members fees always go up more than full members (they are trying to phase out 5 day membership by the back door).

That seems a bit unfair, and not a little daft. Every club has a definite divide of those that can work and therefore need seven day membership to get games at the weekend, and evenings in the summer. It's those that don't work and can play in the week that are the real mainstay and keep the club ticking over

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That seems a bit unfair, and not a little daft. Every club has a definite divide of those that can work and therefore need seven day membership to get games at the weekend, and evenings in the summer. It's those that don't work and can play in the week that are the real mainstay and keep the club ticking over

There was actually quite a lot of moaning when we first brought in 5 day membership because all it did was to reduce the membership fee for a lot of players who were never playing at the weekend any way. (Originally the numbers were restricted to just 50 and the club instantly lost £5,000 in members fees). We already had a 7 day restricted category, no play between 11.59am Friday and 3.00pm Saturday.

I think it is being done simply because they want to have just one type of membership, there are very few 7 day restricted members left as it is no longer offered as a choice.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was actually quite a lot of moaning when we first brought in 5 day membership because all it did was to reduce the membership fee for a lot of players who were never playing at the weekend any way. (Originally the numbers were restricted to just 50 and the club instantly lost £5,000 in members fees). We already had a 7 day restricted category, no play between 11.59am Friday and 3.00pm Saturday.

I think it is being done simply because they want to have just one type of membership, there are very few 7 day restricted members left as it is no longer offered as a choice.

Interesting. My club brought in 5 day membership last year and had a similar experience. They lost money without gaining any new members. I think they are doing it for another year, it would upset those on 5 day to go up to 7 day now, but I would advise clubs thinking of doing this to think very carefully before doing it.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Serious question........why don't you move club? You don't appear to be happy with your current one.

Looking at it. A letter of complaint was sent to the club signed by 30 members, so it's not just me. We all love the place, the banter and it's a friendly place but things are being neglected. A meeting is set up for Tuesday to try and resolve the problems. The AGM is in two weeks. We'll see after both these have taken place. I don't have to pay up until the end of March. I'm watching closely and playing an active part in events. If things don't pan out how I would like I'll leave. Everything is further complicated by the fact my job is under threat and I could be out of a job at the end of March. So who knows where I'll be.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got my renewal letter yesterday - £1700 (inc annual levy £50 and development fund £40). So I'll stump up, cos that's what we pay around Surrey/Hants borders. Membership subs only increased just under 2% so no complaints there.

Last edited:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got the AGM letter today and saw new fees - up another 4% - getting very hard to justify for me but will grin and bear it and pay in March

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Ours were reduced by £50 for full 7 day, wonder how many other clubs have done that for the coming season.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Looking at it. A letter of complaint was sent to the club signed by 30 members, so it's not just me. We all love the place, the banter and it's a friendly place but things are being neglected. A meeting is set up for Tuesday to try and resolve the problems. The AGM is in two weeks. We'll see after both these have taken place. I don't have to pay up until the end of March. I'm watching closely and playing an active part in events. If things don't pan out how I would like I'll leave. Everything is further complicated by the fact my job is under threat and I could be out of a job at the end of March. So who knows where I'll be.

Tough times. I went through consultation last year and didn't get to the end of the process so had to look at an alternative role. The medical recruitment one I'm doing wasn't what I wanted but as I wanted to stay (11 years pension and loads of leave) but a period of great uncertainty. On the flip side, golf will give you a release but just weigh up the options carefully, especially if you leave and have to pay joining fees elsewhere. I hope your club can sort the issues but these seemed to have dragged on for a while so are you that hopeful?

D

Deleted member 17920

Ours were reduced by £50 for full 7 day, wonder how many other clubs have done that for the coming season.

A reduction on fees, did they make a lot of profit the previous year or are they struggling for members?

Ours went up 4@% as fuel has gone up, new equipment needs purchasing, staff wages etc.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A reduction on fees, did they make a lot of profit the previous year or are they struggling for members?

They put them up the previous year by £50 and lost 75 members, I wasn't a member at the time so I can't comment on the goings on tbh. I believe they made some financial mistakes that put them in difficulty but again, before I was there so not sure of it all tbh.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Got my renewal letter yesterday - £1700 (inc annual levy £50 and development fund £40). So I'll stump up, cos that's what we pay around Surrey/Hants borders. Membership subs only increased just under 2% so no complaints there.
Our renewal was November. £1430 plus £75 development fund. In last year our dining room has been extended to seat 100,and practice ground now has three covered bays and unlimited free balls for members. Development fund has been money well spent, and when introduced replaced bar levy.

You need to get over to cheaper Hampshire.:)