Membership Fees

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I play at my home course probably twice or three times a month.

That works out about £840 for the year. Just curious, but would you play more if it wasn't costing you so much to play every time i.e. for an extra £150, you could play every week? An extra £14 a month, would let you play as often as you liked every week.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That works out about £840 for the year. Just curious, but would you play more if it wasn't costing you so much to play every time i.e. for an extra £150, you could play every week? An extra £14 a month, would let you play as often as you liked every week.

He might not have the cash upfront

Also might get injured and not be able to play

Lot it reasons why paying as you play works for people

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Fair points, I'm just curious.

If I can play more for cheaper, it's the option I'm looking for. I don't have the cash up front either, but monthly payments take care of that. Getting injured is a chance I have to take, but even then, unless it was a long term injury, it's just part of every day. if it was long term, I'm sure the club would come to some form of agreement to reduce the rate but retain the member.

D

Deleted Member 1156

He might not have the cash upfront

Can't think of many clubs where you have to pay up front, nearly all allow monthly DD

Also might get injured and not be able to play

True but that could happen to anyone

Lot it reasons why paying as you play works for people

I think NMW makes some valid points, I would certainly consider what he suggests.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play other courses on the other weeks as I mentioned earlier. I can only play once per week full stop as I work Monday to Friday.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I play other courses on the other weeks as I mentioned earlier. I can only play once per week full stop as I work Monday to Friday.

Fair enough. Yeah, I also work Mon to Friday, I can only play weekends, and Tue/ Fri evenings after work, but am fortunate enough to have a wife and son that both like and play the game too. Therefore I can play 4 times a week, with them if they are available, or without them if they're not :D:cool:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
we had a slight increase again, I think it was £830 which includes £50 bar levy, Locker and SGU fee.
Thats for a course thats in the top 50 of the GM top 100 UK.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just has an e-mail from the club regarding the AGM that includes the proposed new subs.....an increase of £50!!!!!!!

Traaaaaaaaaaa

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Ours will increase by about 3% for this year which takes it as a base to just over £1000. Then there is the bar levy of £50.
All our fees are payable in advance, either by a lump sum or by DD over 10 months. I take the latter option so I don't get hit with a hefty bill each year. Missus doesn't see it that way either ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair enough. Yeah, I also work Mon to Friday, I can only play weekends, and Tue/ Fri evenings after work, but am fortunate enough to have a wife and son that both like and play the game too. Therefore I can play 4 times a week, with them if they are available, or without them if they're not :D:cool:
I play football on the weekends so have to squeeze the golf in as well, often Sunday afternoon. So much easier in summer of course when there's more daylight of course, I sometimes do 9 holes on a Friday afternoon then as well.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

yes doesn't sound too cheap TBH esp with only 3 games a month

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ours have gone up by £100 over the last 2 years which isn't great to be honest. As I've mentioned before it seems that house and food is losing money and loyal members are accounting for the shortfall. It's still good value in comparison to what I a paid in Essex for a much poorer golf experience but it's still a significant increase nonetheless.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've just has an e-mail from the club regarding the AGM that includes the proposed new subs.....an increase of £50!!!!!!!

Traaaaaaaaaaa

Serious question........why don't you move club? You don't appear to be happy with your current one.