Membership Fees

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our renewal was November. £1430 plus £75 development fund. In last year our dining room has been extended to seat 100,and practice ground now has three covered bays and unlimited free balls for members. Development fund has been money well spent, and when introduced replaced bar levy.

You need to get over to cheaper Hampshire.:)

Saw the new range bays when I came over for members guest day last year. Looked very impressive but a superb shot maker like yourself would have seldom use for those facilites. Sounds like it's being run in a fantastic way. We were lucky to get a significant payment for the three years of the Red Bull air race which we used on a lot of new machinery. The course has come on and so well spent.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Saw the new range bays when I came over for members guest day last year. Looked very impressive but a superb shot maker like yourself would have seldom use for those facilites. Sounds like it's being run in a fantastic way. We were lucky to get a significant payment for the three years of the Red Bull air race which we used on a lot of new machinery. The course has come on and so well spent.
I did use the practice ground once, but being a hundred yards wide is not big enough for me.:eek:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our renewal was November. £1430 plus £75 development fund. In last year our dining room has been extended to seat 100,and practice ground now has three covered bays and unlimited free balls for members. Development fund has been money well spent, and when introduced replaced bar levy.

You need to get over to cheaper Hampshire.:)

I'll meet your three covered bays on practice ground and unlimited free range balls (last year) and your dining room extension with an extended and totally refurbished pro shop - and raise you an indoor swing studio (last year) plus a rebuild of (as a minimum) every greenside bunker on the course - 1 or 4 years winter rebuild now completed. They look brilliant and the sand in the test bunker on the chipping practice ground plays beautifully. We know how to do things properly Surrey side of the border :)

Besides it's 20miles return trip from my front door to your place (not far enough some might say :) ) and fuel costs would soon cancel out your slightly cheaper subs - and I am quite happy to still be playing £50 bar/food levy.

D

Deleted member 3432

eeeek!!!

Serves you right for being in Berkshire :)

Mind you - looks a lovely track does your place.

Six and a bit years subs at my place for that price. Cost of golf is eye watering in some parts of the country.
I would certainly not be bothering to play golf at that price!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tough times. I went through consultation last year and didn't get to the end of the process so had to look at an alternative role. The medical recruitment one I'm doing wasn't what I wanted but as I wanted to stay (11 years pension and loads of leave) but a period of great uncertainty. On the flip side, golf will give you a release but just weigh up the options carefully, especially if you leave and have to pay joining fees elsewhere. I hope your club can sort the issues but these seemed to have dragged on for a while so are you that hopeful?

Not really. I'm in touch with the, shall I say ring leader, who is looking at all his options and has priced up all courses near to him just in case. The meeting is on tonight. I cannot attend as my dad is in hospital after a fall, never rains but it pours eh?, so I've e-mailed the lad this morning to ask him to put my points of concern forward.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not really. I'm in touch with the, shall I say ring leader, who is looking at all his options and has priced up all courses near to him just in case. The meeting is on tonight. I cannot attend as my dad is in hospital after a fall, never rains but it pours eh?, so I've e-mailed the lad this morning to ask him to put my points of concern forward.

Hope you get some positive new after the meeting and hope your dad gets well soon

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got an email from St Andrews 100 getting in this year so I'm down to 490 on the list, looking at 5 years before i get a full links ticket

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Fees are an extremely important issue and they are the biggest barrier to people taking up the game.

It it would be interesting to see the finances of some of the clubs who are on the breadline. As has been mentioned there are low fees for u30s & seniors but often with little incentives to adult members.

I benefitted from u30s membership & would have found it v difficult to take up the game if not for that. Ironically as an over 30, I have a bit more money & a lot less time.

There has has to be the right balance as seniors often play far more than most full fee members -some clubs offer senior rates only to people with long term membership, which is possibly fair enough.

I think a lot of clubs need to say to members, the fees are £1000 (for example) but if we had 100 extra members they would be £800. And really incentivise people getting new members in rather than maybe a 1 off payment or voucher for the introducer.

I also think clubs clubs should have pay as you play offers. The problem with these is that they are often priced at a level where full members may decide to downgrade their membership & still enjoy many benefits such as a handicap & a round of golf every dry Saturday. However it’s a buyers market & clubs have to think like a business.

joining fees are another. They do serve a purpose but clubs really need to ease them in as it is a big barrier if people are going to be paying hundreds up front & maybe don’t know anyone at the club.