Membership Fees

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
A curiosity thread more than anything. With golf being a relatively expensive hobby and some golf clubs struggling to stay afloat, what would you consider a fair yearly fee. What is too much, too little and why ?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All depends on what course you are joining some are worth it and some won't be but then it's down to the individual. My fees yearly fees are circa £5,500.00 Spread over 4 memberships and I am happy with what I get for my cash.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I get there will be regional differences and also quality/pedigree of course. Some people may not bat an eyelid at certain fees whilst some wouldn't pay or may not be able to. Just find it interesting to hear different peoples perspective on pricing.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Mines just risen to 700 for a 5 day corp membership and i'm not renewing.

Corporate members simply don't get enough comps. I accept that it's cheaper than full members pay, but that was because they got guaranteed numbers through the door each year. At closer to 1500 for a full 7 day the course simply isn't worth it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Fully get that and that's probably my take, I'm currently a member of 2 clubs
I'm on the hunt as I don't feel I'm getting value from the Zoo right now.
It's going to cost me a lot more but, where I'm contemplating, it's almost always open and playable as it's built on chalk Downland...
Think they closed twice this year for rain - first time in 8/9 years.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very dependent on what you are getting for your money. At the moment I am paying c£1700 and that looks set to increase including a mandatory bar levy again next year (another thread on the merits or otherwise of these). At the moment given the condition of the course (fully open when local courses are shut and greens still in very good condition), the practice facilities and the ambience in the 19th I am happy I am getting value for money. If that changes in the future I could look elsewhere but our fees are also favourable compared to a lot of local courses

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine is just short of £1200 now for 7 day. I think I get value for money out of it, and a good bunch of blokes to get games with. It's a nice club, friendly and really trying to improve what we have. I cant complain:)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Having moved around a lot in the 50+ years of playing I've thought some fees cheap and some expensive. Paid many joining fees down the Years too. In the main, the subs have been decided by the area that I've lived in. North East Scotland is cheap compared to Manchester, which I thought fairly expensive. Then it comes down to the relatively small differences within a local area.

In terms of subs, I've always equated them to what it would cost paying for a minimum of 4 green fees a month. If 4x green fees come out at £100/month, I'm happy if the subs come out at less than £1,200 a year. Then its down to quality. Would I want to pay £1,200 for a goat track?

Is there anything as too little? I thought Cruden Bay at just over £600 was a steal but that was the going rate for the area.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm on the hunt as I don't feel I'm getting value from the Zoo right now.
It's going to cost me a lot more but, where I'm contemplating, it's almost always open and playable as it's built on chalk Downland...
Think they closed twice this year for rain - first time in 8/9 years.

DD?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I may be interested in Mount pleasant when becomes an 18 holer in a year or so.
I wonder what effect that will have on there subs? Currently a very reasonable 850, but i guess they will be looking to up it a bit when it goes to 18.