Membership around Southport - Costs.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think your best bet is to try to get into s&a on 6 day and wait it out for 7 day.

Thanks for all the information. Problem with my doing that is at S&A I’m considered a colt, so the joining fee is £1,200 and a 7 day membership only.

I asked about being able to join as a full 6 day and they said they’d have to consider it but the joining fee is double at £2,400.

I’ve asked a member who I know is a current colt there If he has to pay anymore when he moves from colt to full time member, and he said he hasnt been told he had to. So it’s a considerable jump in joining fee, and then the same price for a 6 day full as 7 day colt.

They have no waiting list and I have no idea how long it’ll be before a membership slot becomes available on 7 day.

Not really sure what to do! I’d consider joining Hesketh just for one year as there’s no joining fee for a colt.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the information. Problem with my doing that is at S&A I’m considered a colt, so the joining fee is £1,200 and a 7 day membership only.
Unless I’m reading this wrong what’s the problem with this? Join as a 7 day member with a smaller joining fee what’s the problem? Surely they don’t treat you any different as a colt than a full member? Most places it’s just to get younger people in the door with less cash available to them.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Unless I’m reading this wrong what’s the problem with this? Join as a 7 day member with a smaller joining fee what’s the problem?...

The problem, as stated in the OP, is there are no 7 day memberships available. My reading of it was that Colt discount on the Joining Fee (down to £1,200) was only applicable to 7-day memberships, so the only options available would be full 6 day, with full Joining Fee (£2,400)

Last edited:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why not put your name down and wait for a gap to open at S&A (it's worth it). In the meantime, head to Southport Old Links and play there whilst you're waiting.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Unless I’m reading this wrong what’s the problem with this? Join as a 7 day member with a smaller joining fee what’s the problem? Surely they don’t treat you any different as a colt than a full member? Most places it’s just to get younger people in the door with less cash available to them.

The problem, as stated in the OP, is there are no 7 day memberships available. My reading of it was that Colt discount on the Joining Fee (down to £1,200) was only applicable to 7-day memberships, so the only options available would be full 6 day, with full Joining Fee (£2,400)

This is correct, they have zero 7 day memberships, and colt membership counts as 7 day. I asked about joining as a 6 day and they said they’d have to think about it, but I’d have to pay full joining fee of £2,400, instead of £1,200.

I’ve asked a current colt member as some places I know give you a reduced joining fee as a colt, then make you pay more to become a full member, but S&A don’t do that by the sounds of things. If they did it might have been worth paying the £2,400 now.

Why not put your name down and wait for a gap to open at S&A (it's worth it). In the meantime, head to Southport Old Links and play there whilst you're waiting.

They don’t have a waiting list unfortunately, they just open membership anytime they have a spot available.