Southport/Crosby course membership costs

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
How do you come up with that answer?

Quite possibly they are not wanting new members but as for not affording it who knows if they don't publish membership fee's.

Very outdated type of stereotyping.....
It was a joke. May be old but not outdated. Still applicable at the high end of any market.

"If you have to ask, you (probably) can’t afford it” is a saying used to describe purchases of expensive products, such as homes, cars and jewellery. Financier J. P. Morgan (1837-1913) allegedly gave this advice to banker Henry Clay Pierce in 1902, dissuading him from buying a yacht. Morgan’s authorship has been questioned; the first known form of the saying dates to only 1926.

Red devil

Visit site
I'm originally from Crosby (parents till there). West Lancs was the nearest course. Reading threads like this im glad I live in Edinburgh now with the prices and difficulty to get in these places!
Yes, you're lucky. I'm just biding my time for this present boom to level off. Not too much so the clubs stay viable but enough to make a space for me!

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am a member of hillside and your probably going to be waiting a good while to get in our place.

We’re a full and bustling membership with a pretty big waiting list, like most places a lot more of our members are playing more after Covid due to working from home.
Think we have actually closed off applications now for the next few years.

We don’t advertise our rates or process because we simply don’t have too. I know that can be frustrating but we work off a proposal system. Unless your moving to the area from afar you can write a letter for an un-proposed application but these get accepted few and far between.

Formby is generally pretty difficult to get in due to the low member levels they like to keep. S and A or hesketh are going to be your best bet to get into the club in an area but I believe they are currently full as well.

Generally people join these courses and never leave due to the quality.