Member again?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Application for a Points to Play membership at Cambridge Meridian Golf Club going in. Only getting a small points package as I still want to play a variety of other local courses with friends and not play the same place week in week out as well as still be a regular at the par 3 course.

I just hope they will have me!

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Just looked up points to play at that club and looks like a really interesting concept which as you say still allows you to play elsewhere etc... without the financial commitment of full annual.

Surprised more club's don't do it.

Do you think you do this for a few years then get full annual unlimited membership here or somewhere else ?

GBC

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just looked up points to play at that club and looks like a really interesting concept which as you say still allows you to play elsewhere etc... without the financial commitment of full annual.

Do you think you do this for a few years then get full annual unlimited membership here or somewhere else ?

GBC

Brentwood do a Flexi membership

Rather than a points system you pay £420 Nd get 25 rounds a year

Can play anytime Monday to Friday and after 11 on weekends / bank holidays

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site

GBC

P.s some pretty long holes on that course !!!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site

GBC

Nah, I just want 8 or so rounds a year at the place, I would rather flex the courses I play and I won't likely play more than a couple of competitions, if that (would it even be allowed?). Will need to ensure I nominate all my rounds for handicap instead I guess.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a flexi play membership.

The annual membership is about the cost of a full member and you pay per round. I think it works out that if you play less then about 30 rounds a year it is cheaper.

One of the advantages is that it still gets you reciprocal golf although with covid the number of courses has been significantly reduced form the normal of about 20 courses.