Masters 2023

D

Deleted member 15344

They squeeze in weekend now tho don't they. It's not a one off at all

Tigers win they suspended play and then started early because of an incoming storm and finished 8pm our time wasn't it?

So it's hardly a one off if in last 4 years it's happened twice and one of the other times it was moved to November due to COVID so 2/3 last masters in April have been affected

How is the Covid one relevant when it’s moving was zero to do with the weather 🤷‍♂️

Augusta is at its prime best in April , it’s been the same time for decades and it’s prob the 2 Monday finish over the last 40 years and the others is because of a play off.

Play it later in the year and the heat is unbearable and course suffers

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
As play is suspended - haven’t quoted any of the posts about the field, but I think perhaps some were maybe missing that if they did change the rules on past champions, then they could also change how they make up the field, and the size of same.
The Masters had a habit of throwing up great finishes, and some great champions, which I & many others enjoyed. Has often been a great exhibition of golf, and great entertainment. However, as some have highlighted the field doesn't really stack up with the other 'big uns'. And when Tiger etc. put it up on such a pedestal, you can wonder if it is really warranted.
🤔

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got to admire TW for getting through his but surely he cannot continue to play at the highest level with continual and knee issues. Has nothing to prove and possibly bar Jack N the best ever.
Lucky enough to go round and watch him in his prime. No one could touch him.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wonder if the caddies boiler suits are waterproof/resistant :unsure:
I've always assumed the boiler suits are just cotton.
But guess if they know heavy rain in forecast, the caddies would put waterproofs under the white onsie, but can't really do that half way round!

sunshine

Visit site
Rahm was interviewed after his delayed round 2, and his grey jumper was very wet. Maybe he needs better waterproofs...
I noticed most of the players were wearing waterproof trousers but very few had waterproof tops. I’m guessing they feel restricted swinging and these guys hardly ever play in the rain so they’re just not used to the feeling.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
You only have to see the dozens and dozens of "Tiger IS the needle" posts on social media to see how much pressure will be on him to turn out as often as he can, but the clip that Phil has posted above is quite sad to see. He could well be taking a lot of medication to ease the pain so he can play, it can't be good for him mentally knowing he has to endure that much pain in order to play.
It's completely up to him what he chooses to do, but he clearly needs a cart if he wants to make it round a golf course on a regular basis.

D

Deleted member 1147

You only have to see the dozens and dozens of "Tiger IS the needle" posts on social media to see how much pressure will be on him to turn out as often as he can, but the clip that Phil has posted above is quite sad to see. He could well be taking a lot of medication to ease the pain so he can play, it can't be good for him mentally knowing he has to endure that much pain in order to play.
It's completely up to him what he chooses to do, but he clearly needs a cart if he wants to make it round a golf course on a regular basis.
He won’t use one on the main tour. As he voted against a bloke using one in the past.
But I do think he’ll play on the senior tour and use one, as they are allowed.
I reckon he’ll do well then, as he’s hitting the ball well.