Masters 2020

sunshine

Visit site
I’m guessing the greens will speed up during the day. They won’t want DJ obliterating the scoring record.

DJ hit all 14 fairways yesterday which was a tremendous example of leading from the front and taking the competition away from the field. His to lose today, but I think it will be a procession. The heavyweights in the chasing pack are too far back to pressure him, except for JT maybe.

Shame someone like Tiger is not breathing down his neck to make it more interesting. Talking of Tiger, I think he’s played so much better than he’s scored this week. He hasn’t holed a thing. Could easily be 6 shots better for R2 and R3 with a hot putter.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
How many major chokes has Johnson had when leading Rd 4 in a major? I remember Sandwich 2011 when Clarke won, a shank I think, any others?
Confident he'll win by a few today, doesn't need to push, just fairways and greens and pick up a few on the par 5s.

Surely the most memorable was Pebble Beach in 2010. Went into the final round with a 3-shot lead and dropped 5 shots in the first three holes. It was painful to watch.

A different DJ these days, methinks.

U

User62651

Surely the most memorable was Pebble Beach in 2010. Went into the final round with a 3-shot lead and dropped 5 shots in the first three holes. It was painful to watch.

A different DJ these days, methinks.
Of course, remember sort of celebrating, just so Gmac could benefit.

D

Deleted member 15344

How many major chokes has Johnson had when leading Rd 4 in a major? I remember Sandwich 2011 when Clarke won, a shank I think, any others?
Confident he'll win by a few today, doesn't need to push, just fairways and greens and pick up a few on the par 5s.

5/6 times he has led going into the final round of a major - not once has he gone on to win - 2011 he went OOB on 13th

His only major win he came from 4 shots back to win - when he was also penalised for ball moving

sunshine

Visit site
Personally, I have loved watching the Masters this year. The course looks amazing with the autumn colours, the views have been opened up without the galleries, and we’ve been able to enjoy some new camera angles which have hugely helped us understand the contours.

True, the atmosphere is more subdued without the energy of the crowd, but this is golf not football, it’s no big deal.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
DJ already showing the early sprouts of a bottlejob. Cam Smith seems to be the main challenger at the moment. Classy player.

D

Deleted member 3432

DJ already showing the early sprouts of a bottlejob. Cam Smith seems to be the main challenger at the moment. Classy player.

Harsh critic if this is a bottlejob at this stage......

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Harsh critic if this is a bottlejob at this stage......
DJ definitely nervous, duffs one pitch into a bunker, then stiffs it, then almost thins a pitch on 3 but holes it for birdie ?...

It's not over yet, but after that birdie on 3 I think he'll settle down and walk it now.
Yeah he's making hard work of it, but recovering very well each time it has to be said.