Masters 2020

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could be history made today. No-one has won the Masters with 4 rounds in the 60's and the low scoring record is -18. DJ in with a chance of beating both records today as well as winning his 1st green jacket.

P.S. Do Augusta have green jackets that big in stock? :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I also think we're getting a better view of the course, how the holes fit together, all the contours and elevation changes. Not sure the extent to which the lack of fans has enabled that.
Yes, we can actually see that the course is hilly now. We no longer need to hear the constant 'you don't see the undulations on TV's', another one for the drinking game. We do now. Presumably the lack of spectators has allowed extra camera positions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Could be history made today. No-one has won the Masters with 4 rounds in the 60's and the low scoring record is -18. DJ in with a chance of beating both records today as well as winning his 1st green jacket.

Only Ancer and Smith can all 4 in the 60s and if DJ doesn't beat the scoring record he might lose..

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Maybe instead of watching a silversmith engraving, we’ll see a tailor stitching as DJ walks up the 18th ?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only Ancer and Smith can all 4 in the 60s and if DJ doesn't beat the scoring record he might lose..

Didn't realise R2 for DJ was a 70. And yes, there's a good chance another 70 won't be good enough today even with a 4 shot lead on the 1st tee.

D

Deleted member 3432

No usual Sunday 16th pin , it's 31 on and 4 from the right on the top shelf

That was the Sunday pin position from years ago before they decided to move it to a 'funnel' position to create a birdie fest.

Back right is going to mean a lot a bogies and a very high risk shot to go at the flag. Thumbs up from me (y)

U

User62651

That was the Sunday pin position from years ago before they decided to move it to a 'funnel' position to create a birdie fest.

Back right is going to mean a lot a bogies and a very high risk shot to go at the flag. Thumbs up from me (y)

Bogeys create much less drama, just deflation as in you or me could bogey it too. Where's the risk on back right, miles away from the pond and if they misjudge it rolls down to the left so uphill putt? Back right bunker is an easy out for these guys. Much more drama/danger with a downhill putt or pond in play IMHO.

D

Deleted member 3432

Bogeys create much less drama, just deflation as in you or me could bogey it too. Where's the risk on back right, miles away from the pond and if they misjudge it rolls down to the left so uphill putt? Back right bunker is an easy out for these guys. Much more drama/danger with a downhill putt or pond in play IMHO.

Back right bunker is downhill all the way to the flag and anything too strong is at the bottom of the hill.

Not an easy 2 putt from the front of the green where the conservative tee shot ends.

Par is a good score and the drama lies in players chasing birdies on this hole.

Back left position is boring, funnels in so the hole in one is a strong posibility, anything in the water a a crap shot anyway and the players get two goes from holing out from the bunker, on the way past and way back as it holes back down the slope.

U

User62651

How many major chokes has Johnson had when leading Rd 4 in a major? I remember Sandwich 2011 when Clarke won, a shank I think, any others?
Confident he'll win by a few today, doesn't need to push, just fairways and greens and pick up a few on the par 5s.