Mark Sampson

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
She's not just come forward, she was always at the center of the allegations in support of Aluko who has a confidentiality clause built into her 'settlement'.

Obviously now Sampson has gone Spence is looking for some action (money) and more snakes will come crawling out, but the actions of the players on the pitch after the goal speaks greater than a couple of players who were dropped and couldn't accept it which is why not only an internal, but an external investigation cleared Sampson of all those allegations.

This will run for a while now......
Until we know all the facts, calling people that come forward as snakes is poor. Unfortunately a lot of people that are bullied, racially abused are too frightened to come forward, until someone else does. One of the reason abusers can get away with it for so long, as it is difficult to prove, and the abused are made to feel the guilty party.

As I said I will wait to hear full facts before judging people.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Until we know all the facts, calling people that come forward as snakes is poor. Unfortunately a lot of people that are bullied, racially abused are too frightened to come forward, until someone else does. One of the reason abusers can get away with it for so long, as it is difficult to prove, and the abused are made to feel the guilty party.

Exactly this, it's so hard to come forward and to prove bullying and discrimination from a manager. I don't know what happened in the investigation but I found Aluko very plausible when I saw her being interviewed. Rightly or wrongly, I formed the view that she was telling the truth and he "got away with it" due to a lack of corroboration. The latest turn of events suggests the FA thought that too and have taken an opportunity to get rid of him. Terrible handling of a difficult situation by them.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

You stated 'just come forward' inferring another person was making allegations when in fact she was always at the center of it in support of Aluko.

The problem with throwing the race card about is that people or organisations won't challenge it or openly investigate it at times, they'd rather pay for it to be suppressed with no admission of guilt rather than make the white collar thieves more rich, usually to no end!

Last edited:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
The problem with throwing the race card about is that people or organisations won't challenge it or openly investigate it at times, they'd rather pay for it to be suppressed with no addition of guilt rather than make the white collar thieves more rich, usually to no end!

"throwing the race card" is quite a pejorative way of expressing it. It implies no racism took place and the allegation is frivolous. People should be encouraged to come forward and allegations should be taken seriously and investigated properly. Otherwise it will just keep happening and be swept under the carpet.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
"throwing the race card" is quite a pejorative way of expressing it. It implies no racism took place and the allegation is frivolous. People should be encouraged to come forward and allegations should be taken seriously and investigated properly. Otherwise it will just keep happening and be swept under the carpet.

Just a throwaway old school 70's style phrase.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Potentially, yes. That's always a possibility especially where it's people's word against each other.

Equally it could have been correct. How many investigations do you have until you stop? Do you keep going until you get the "right" answer?

The allegation against Sampson on England duty was very serious. If it is correct then he should have been sacked instantly, no question. Two investigations said otherwise so we can only go off that.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Equally it could have been correct. How many investigations do you have until you stop? Do you keep going until you get the "right" answer?

The allegation against Sampson on England duty was very serious. If it is correct then he should have been sacked instantly, no question. Two investigations said otherwise so we can only go off that.

If you were the victim of racial abuse and two investigations into it didn't believe you, would you just be quiet and watch the other person enjoy their professional success partly built on the decisions based around you? Or, seeing him get away with it so publically, would you renew your efforts to out the person for their error?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you were the victim of racial abuse and two investigations into it didn't believe you, would you just be quiet and watch the other person enjoy their professional success partly built on the decisions based around you? Or, seeing him get away with it so publically, would you renew your efforts to out the person for their error?

Or take £80k and sign a confidentiality order with no admission of guilt or neglect being admitted or made by the FA.

If it comes to light now that the whistle blower is Aluko or she is complicit in it taking place, then she has breached that contract which is possibly an offence in it's own right and would need to repay the £80k!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

OR - what if you were the victim of an unfounded allegation of racial abuse, were found innocent on two separate occasions and just wanted to get on with your life and career but were prevented from doing so by ongoing rumours.

If I had been on the end of such abuse, as you suggest, then I would not take money and sign a confidentiality order. I would keep hammering away loudly and publicly.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
OR - what if you were the victim of an unfounded allegation of racial abuse, were found innocent on two separate occasions and just wanted to get on with your life and career but were prevented from doing so by ongoing rumours.

If I had been on the end of such abuse, as you suggest, then I would not take money and sign a confidentiality order. I would keep hammering away loudly and publicly.

She took the money because although she was a top scorer at club level, she was hard work in training, not a team player and was disruptive so she was dropped as an international player which she couldn't accept.

As you say, why would you take such a deal if you had already raised a complaint of such magnitude, you'd carry it on.....

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site

I completely agree with this. She seems to be claiming the fact she was the top scorer on the league and not picked as a race issue too. How many times has the top English scorer in the league not picked for the men's national team? It happens all the time

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Am I cynic for thinking they totally are blowing all this way out of proportion to try to raise the profile of women's football?

Probably the first time I have ever heard women's football been mentioned in the bar at the golf club. Even when the BBC have been forcing it down our throats with clickbait headlines for years.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Career ending I'd guess, media driven need the flesh !

What next equal pay? For crowds of 500. I'd like to hear his story published.