New Boiler

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ours developed a problem, not a huge one but my cousin, gas safe, just said it's old get another. It was rather sad to let it go as it's a ferrolli which has a poor reputation but has done us proud for 14 years. So a look online showed loads of companies installing them. Fixed price, all with great reviews, so ip dip dip and picked one with a deal on the best boiler.imo. picked an install date. Everything went perfect. Boiler turned up at 7am bloke and his son 7.30 am. Job done by 3pm. Brilliant. I went with Boxt. But loads out there. Doing the same thing. Not surprising really at £1k for installation.
Ps my cousin refused to do the job. They are a nightmare to do, he said, and prefers just to do the testing of them. 30 mins work and £100. Can't blame him really

RichA

Visit site
Our 25-year old Gloworm boiler failed in November and we replaced it with the modern Vaillant equivalent. I don't know what the temperatures were 12 months ago compared to this year, so it's entirely anecdotal, but our gas bill for January 2023 was £260 and January 2024 was £130.
The unit price is about the same, so it does seem significant.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The radiators are red hot and the hot water come through the tap quicker. We've just got to figure the super duper new thermostat out. Thats a bonus as we have never had a working thermostat. The house has never been so warm!!!!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I had a Ferrolli before our current Vaillant boiler.
Honestly it was a bag of 💩
Got a good warranty with it,but we needed it.
I replaced it before it was out of warranty.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was it installed by a ferrolli engineer? We had loads of problems when it was originally installed can called ferrolli out three times. On the third occasion they sent one of their proper engineers, not a contractor , who said, as you'd expect, who installed this! Sorted it out and no problems for 14 years.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Was it installed by a ferrolli engineer? We had loads of problems when it was originally installed can called ferrolli out three times. On the third occasion they sent one of their proper engineers, not a contractor , who said, as you'd expect, who installed this! Sorted it out and no problems for 14 years.
no it wasn’t,just a regular gas safe engineer.