Mark Sampson

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think all the comments so far are within the boundaries. Fair point to raise a warning but no accusations are flying around, the discussion is reasoned.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think Aluko is clearly looking for some sort of pay day when her international career stalled under Sampson. I guess the interesting question is what happens when the new manager comes in and she's still banging the goals in at club level. Will the new boss pick her (or will the FA "suggest" they do) and if so will she be welcomed back into the fold. I feel not as I believe the majority of the squad respected the outcome of the two reports and were enjoying the success and progress they were making under Sampson

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
I think Aluko is clearly looking for some sort of pay day when her international career stalled under Sampson. I guess the interesting question is what happens when the new manager comes in and she's still banging the goals in at club level. Will the new boss pick her (or will the FA "suggest" they do) and if so will she be welcomed back into the fold. I feel not as I believe the majority of the squad respected the outcome of the two reports and were enjoying the success and progress they were making under Sampson

i don't think she helped herself with the tweet after the goal the other day. She came across as very bitter

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Think she is a fully qualified solicitor, who can practice in the UK and US, so think she might be alright after football.:thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think she is a fully qualified solicitor, who can practice in the UK and US, so think she might be alright after football.:thup:

I'm sure she will be but when you see your current payday suddenly taken away you see how some would want my more big pay out before getting a "proper" job. She still thinks she can score at international level and feels her career was cut short.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seems a strange turn of events, FA not come out in a good light,can't really comment as don't know the full story.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm sure she will be but when you see your current payday suddenly taken away you see how some would want my more big pay out before getting a "proper" job. She still thinks she can score at international level and feels her career was cut short.
Why would she get pay off taken away ? Did she have to quit International football to receive it ? I am confused. I would have though that after MP's have reviewed the case, and evidence from Bristol is revealed she might be due more money.:eek: It looks like the FA employed someone who if they had read his reference, would not have touched with a barge pole. To be fair the FA are a joke. Surely if you employ someone that has been sacked from previous job for non footballing reasons, it would set the alarm bells ringing. You might want to read the reasons why.

I think there is a lot more to come out of this, so I will not speculate any further.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Why would she get pay off taken away ? Did she have to quit International football to receive it ? I am confused. I would have though that after MP's have reviewed the case, and evidence from Bristol is revealed she might be due more money.:eek: It looks like the FA employed someone who if they had read his reference, would not have touched with a barge pole. To be fair the FA are a joke. Surely if you employ someone that has been sacked from previous job for non footballing reasons, it would set the alarm bells ringing. You might want to read the reasons why.

I think there is a lot more to come out of this, so I will not speculate any further.

Where was he sacked from before?

All 'evidence' of his appointment at Bristol Accademy was investigated, twice, internally and with an external barrister and he was cleared of any wrong doings and even the FA are still stating even after reading all the reports now in full, that, he poses no risk and is clear to coach! Not that that will ever happen now with the debacle that is going on.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

All 'evidence' of his appointment at Bristol Accademy was investigated, twice, internally and with an external barrister and he was cleared of any wrong doings and even the FA are still stating even after reading all the reports now in full, that, he poses no risk and is clear to coach! Not that that will ever happen now with the debacle that is going on.

Totally agree

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

The English legal system has two verdicts; guilty or not guilty.

The Scottish legal system has three verdicts; guilty, not guilty and not proven.

The more I hear about this, the more it sounds likes a not proven.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Apologies, he was sacked by England for allegations made when he was at Bristol. Still think FA may not come out of this well, but we will see.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If he thinks he has done nothing wrong could he not go to a tribunal and sue the fa for wrongful dismissal?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If he thinks he has done nothing wrong could he not go to a tribunal and sue the fa for wrongful dismissal?

Reports have suggested his contract has been paid off. If that is the case then he has presumably agreed to go based on getting the pay off. Had he been sacked for gross misconduct his contract would have been terminated instantly, no pay off and then he could have sued. This is an agreed departure designed to be as painless as possible for all parties.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The English legal system has two verdicts; guilty or not guilty.

The Scottish legal system has three verdicts; guilty, not guilty and not proven.

The more I hear about this, the more it sounds likes a not proven.
so in England that's Not Guilty then!

This shows how inept the Top of the FA really are .
The ones who gave him the job in the first place should be sacked.

Hang on though he was found Not Guilty.
So they will say they did nothing wrong , what a mess.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sky were reporting that he has not been subject to a gagging order and he had not received a golden handshake, just the remainder of his contract.

The FA made it very clear there had been no illegal activity, but inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour.

I understand there is to be a Parliamentary hearing on the Aluko accusations and whilst none of us know, it seems to me the FA were worried about that and wanted to distance themselves from Sampson.

The Sun is reporting that the FA has put a hold on some of the £80k "hush" money due to Aluko after she spoke out. Seemingly she signed a confidentiality agreement.

The plot thickens.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The whole thing stinks.

1) He was cleared in 2015 by the FA.

2) In a recent one he was cleared of "bullying and harassment."

3) The person who lost the bullying and harassment claim then decides on a further allegation of racism. Why didn't they raise this in the first allegation?

4) The FA then revisit the 2014/15 investigation and decide he's guilty...

4) The FA state, after sacking him, he is safe to carry on coaching.

It may be the right decision but what a messy clownish U-turn... and that's the same FA that hired Allardyce...

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
4) The FA then revisit the 2014/15 investigation and decide he's guilty...

This isn't my understanding of it, Brian.

I'm reading it as they've gone back and read in more detail and decided that while there is no legal wrongdoing, he has acted in a way that isn't up to their standard morally.

Until we find out what he did, it's hard to know. The natural assumption is that he's had some sort of relationship with a player(s).

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
This isn't my understanding of it, Brian.

I'm reading it as they've gone back and read in more detail and decided that while there is no legal wrongdoing, he has acted in a way that isn't up to their standard morally.

Until we find out what he did, it's hard to know. The natural assumption is that he's had some sort of relationship with a player(s).

I should be sacked for marrying another employee!