LIV Golf

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just hope that the LIV have a few million in reserve to sign up the american morons who still think shouting 'get in the hole' is original and funny. It was a continual annoyance during Matt Fitzpatrick's great win last week as it is on most of Sky's US golf coverage. If they pop off to the LIV at least the Saudi's might be-head them ;)
Get in the hole is pretty old hat these days. At the USO I heard "mashed potato" more times, and I swear even "hot soup!" at one stage. Have to admit the hot soup one did make me laugh.

Swango1980

Visit site
Not sure how they can fine them - unless it's somewhere in their 'disciplinary' rules.
Nor me. However, there must be something in there to merit the fine. I'm sure the DP World Tour have combed through every possible detail with their lawyers to ensure that their response is difficult to appeal. They've had long enough to think it over as well.

Springveldt

Visit site
I think you will find he is already being judged for adding cereal to his milk, not milk to his cereal, whilst confirming he is staying :LOL:. Max Homa and Justin Thomas have already questioned his state of mind for this approach.
Deserves to be questioned as well. What kind of mind thinks that it's ok to pour out the milk first then add cereal and have it splash all over the place.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Think it’s safe to say Keith Pelley is a yes man, I think he had an opportunity to bring all the bodies together and try and improve the tours as a whole, we all want to see the best players competing and DJ, Brooks, Sergio, Bryson on their day can still compete at the highest level.
The European tour lost a lot of good players to the PGA (primarily money)and is basically a second rate tour minus the Rolex events.
I’m not sure what needs to happen but everything that’s going on right now in my opinion is not good for the game of golf.

D

Deleted member 3432

Think it’s safe to say Keith Pelley is a yes man, I think he had an opportunity to bring all the bodies together and try and improve the tours as a whole, we all want to see the best players competing and DJ, Brooks, Sergio, Bryson on their day can still compete at the highest level.
The European tour lost a lot of good players to the PGA (primarily money)and is basically a second rate tour minus the Rolex events.
I’m not sure what needs to happen but everything that’s going on right now in my opinion is not good for the game of golf.

Non of what is happening is good for the future of the European Tour or whatever its called now.

Not really wanting to get into this thread but I don't understand the love for the PGA Tour after all it is taking all our best players over there.

D

Deleted member 15344

The issue is the ET have only recently made a lot of arrangements with the PGA tour hence the Co sanctioned events and the increased sponsorship and prize money - do go against them wouldn’t be the smartest move imo

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Non of what is happening is good for the future of the European Tour or whatever its called now.

Not really wanting to get into this thread but I don't understand the love for the PGA Tour after all it is taking all our best players over there.

I’m the same as you, the best European players only come back across the pond for the big money events, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Scotland etc.
There’s so much hypocrisy it’s not real.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
The issue is the ET have only recently made a lot of arrangements with the PGA tour hence the Co sanctioned events and the increased sponsorship and prize money - do go against them wouldn’t be the smartest move imo
Im not really disagreeing but the whole thing is a mess, I thought Keith Pelley was a strong leader looking from the outside in, but this to me proves otherwise.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
If you were in charge instead of Pelley, what would you have done?

Good question, but not one that I can answer as I’ve no experience in his line of work, I’d like to think that him and his board could off came up with something more constructive for the game of golf as a whole.
He’s paid to make tough decisions and to me what he has done is a cop out.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m the same as you, the best European players only come back across the pond for the big money events, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Scotland etc.
There’s so much hypocrisy it’s not real.

Sort of agree with that. Staying away from the source of the funding (that is never going to look good), european tour players headed over to the PGA to earn more money and play for bigger prize pots. Now people are leaving the PGA to earn more money and play for bigger prize pots.

D

Deleted member 1147

I don't think it's so much a case of the PGA tour are a great organisation, which is beloved by those on the forum.
But I don't think it's as bad as is being made out by those who think the LIV tour is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of interest, anyone know what the other obligations are to be a member of the PGA tour. Do you need to play a set number of events, play in certain events etc. Just interested if there are any other reasons people may be leaving aside from just the money. Once golfers have hit the top, do they want to be touring around the US week in, week out to fulfil tour obligations if there are any. I suspect quite a few would rather just enter the majors, a couple of events in the build up and enough to stay qualifies in teh rankings (bit like the Williams sisters in tennis). Not arguing one way or another, just trying to understand a bit more.