LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
Collin came out saying he isn't going only because of massive rumours saying he was .. will he be judged if he changes mind.
Very possibly. It all depends on circumstances. It depends on what he has said publicly, privately and how things change going forward. If he suddenly does sign up to LIV, simply because he was offered a lot of cash, then I'm sure he would be judged negatively by many. Because, it is not unreasonable for him to think there is a chance that he could be offered a lot of money to sign up, and for him to have an idea of what amount it would take. If he knew that there was a number in mind, I'd at least expect him carefully word current statements to ensure they don't imply he'd NEVER join LIV. And, certainly privately amongst his peers expect him to be a little more honest.

However, if there comes a point were virtually all the best players in the world have signed up to LIV, and in particular, if they get World Ranking Points, then it would be easier to expect any other top player to sign up to ensure they are still competing with the best.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Collin came out saying he isn't going only because of massive rumours saying he was .. will he be judged if he changes mind.
Depends when he does and how he phrases his change of mind. At least my view should he do so. I'm sure there would be others who would act otherwise.

D

Deleted member 1418

as others have said he is on the board isnt he? so maybe they dont want to say anything to him as it might get back to the board ?

Surely that's the whole point of having a players rep on the board - so players can ask him to speak up for them and he can air their views?

Appears to be Brooks told him one thing, and then went back on that. Yes Brooks perfectly entitled to do that, but likewise so is Rory to call him out on that, especially if the board has asked Rory to canvas players on their intentions!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely that's the whole point of having a players rep on the board - so players can ask him to speak up for them and he can air their views?

Appears to be Brooks told him one thing, and then went back on that. Yes Brooks perfectly entitled to do that, but likewise so is Rory to call him out on that, especially if the board has asked Rory to canvas players on their intentions!

Fair enough ?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is interesting how threads develop. MarkT, the one who started this thread, has had a total of 12 posts on it. I've actually had quite a few (this being 150). Mel Smooth has 230, and pauljames 257 (although I think that has increased since I checked).

Isn't mark an employee and brings the articles to the forum?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
?‍♂️ Can you surely not understand why the “US” tour has more “US” players in it ?‍♂️

Are you equally confused at why there are more “European” players in the European Tour

More “Asian” players in the Asian Tour

And no one is being disadvantaged- every single player has the same ability to be able to qualify for which ever Tour they wish to play on

A “non US” golfer is not disadvantage- he can follow the same path as the US golfer if he so wishes - unfortunately the US Golf market is where the sponsers are

So you agree, the PGA Tour is golf by America, for America?

Monahan obviously thinks it's a global platform, I'm guessing so he can hoover up as many global TV deals and sponsorship dollars as possible?

Infact he said this just yesterday...

“That's the beauty of the PGA TOUR,” he added. “We have and always will provide a global platform for members to compete against the very best, earn their stardom, and become household names."

D

Deleted member 15344

So you agree, the PGA Tour is golf by America, for America?

Monahan obviously thinks it's a global platform, I'm guessing so he can hoover up as many global TV deals and sponsorship dollars as possible?

Infact he said this just yesterday...

“That's the beauty of the PGA TOUR,” he added. “We have and always will provide a global platform for members to compete against the very best, earn their stardom, and become household names."

It is also a global platform - it’s the most watched around the world ?‍♂️

Why do you think all the countries pick it up to then broadcast ? Every week in the UK there is a ET event on Telly and a PGA tour event ?‍♂️

He isn’t saying anything that isn’t right

I’m not sure what your point is

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you will find he is already being judged for adding cereal to his milk, not milk to his cereal, whilst confirming he is staying :LOL:. Max Homa and Justin Thomas have already questioned his state of mind for this approach.

D

Deleted member 1147

I think you will find he is already being judged for adding cereal to his milk, not milk to his cereal, whilst confirming he is staying :LOL:. Max Homa and Justin Thomas have already questioned his state of mind for this approach.
I thought that was a brilliant way of changing the narrative. By giving people something else to talk about :cool: