LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
I missed today. How is the experience of shotgun start in the last round? Does it make it less exciting towards the end? I enjoyed that on the 1st 2 days because of the always action aspect.

And looking at the results, it seem the 'big guys' did decide right. None of their scores screams payday in a tour event.
No more exciting than usual. Last few holes, you still had a couple competing at top. Think it would only ever make a difference if players on different holes were fighting for win, as they'd finish at same time.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yet their own government sell arms to the Saudis?
I haven't a clue if they do, I've zero interest in politics.
But I can understand if a family member was killed as a result of Saudi people you might have difficulty understanding how a fellow American citizen could join this tour

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't a clue if they do, I've zero interest in politics.
But I can understand if a family member was killed as a result of Saudi people you might have difficulty understanding how a fellow American citizen could join this tour

Saudi are the USA biggest foreign arms buyer .

So whilst I understand their anger their own country do far worse every single day

D

Deleted member 15344

So who won ? And what did they get for their money from the likes of Mickleson , DJ , Poulter , Westwood and McDowell

D

Deleted member 15344

How many current LIV players are eligible to play in the majors anyway? And with no ranking points on offer some of them will slide out of contention or further away from it.

The past winners of the Masters will still be eligible of course

Then Mickleson, ,Kaymer ,Na and Louis due to rankings and past winning

Westwood and Bland due to ranking , Piot ( us Am )

The Open - Poulter and Weisburger are in

The rest will need to qualify

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So who won ? And what did they get for their money from the likes of Mickleson , DJ , Poulter , Westwood and McDowell
Schwartzel won by one shot.

They got huge amounts of publicity from those names for one, crucial at this stage of the tours evolution. As for how they played, it's one tournament. That needs to be judged at the end.

D

Deleted member 1147

There are courses to be played, and some players, I like or am interested to see.
But I don’t want to have to watch on my phone or office PC. So won’t get to see much. Plus there aren’t enough big names (top 10-20) to catch my interest.
As such I’ll stick to what sky show.
But I’ll reiterate my earlier statement; if LIV want to be truly innovative and encourage the youth, and grow the game, (plus piss off the PGA tour) they should be handing gratis coverage to national free to air broadcasters, like the beeb. Which is where I got into golf. Watching live events from Wentworth, the Open, Sunningdale,st Mellion, the Oxfordshire etc.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are courses to be played, and some players, I like or am interested to see.
But I don’t want to have to watch on my phone or office PC. So won’t get to see much. Plus there aren’t enough big names (top 10-20) to catch my interest.
But I’ll reiterate my earlier statement; if LIV want to be truly innovative and encourage the youth, and grow the game, (plus piss off the PGA tour) they should be handing gratis coverage to national free to air broadcasters, like the beeb. Which is where I got into golf. Watching live events from Wentworth, the Open, Sunningdale,st Mellion, the Oxfordshire etc.

Does your TV not have YouTube?
It’s good you can understand their points and recognise the Saudis are not a great bunch of lads even if they have made a golf product you enjoy watching

Have said from the start. Saudis no excusing. Won't stop me watching

America is full of nutters and their gov deal with Saudis for arms (as do ours) still will watch their TV and enjoy holidays there

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What makes you think the BBC, or similar want it? They barely want major coverage, why would they want to hand over a channel for 5-6 hours for an everyday tournament?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Do you honestly think that the BBC would clear their schedules for 3 days to show golf. They have no interest in golf above the odd highlight show for the Open and the Masters. Cleaverest move that the golf authorities made was convincing sky that there was widespread competition for rights to televise golf in the UK, there really isn't

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site

They don’t though they’re happy with all these people who will stick up for them across social media screaming what about this what about that because they’re giving them something new and shiny to watch

D

Deleted member 1147

What makes you think the BBC, or similar want it? They barely want major coverage, why would they want to hand over a channel for 5-6 hours for an everyday tournament?
Do you think the beeb would turn down free content?

D

Deleted member 1147

Does your TV not have YouTube?

Have said from the start. Saudis no excusing. Won't stop me watching

America is full of nutters and their gov deal with Saudis for arms (as do ours) still will watch their TV and enjoy holidays there
No. Otherwise I’d watch some before the pga event starts??‍♂️

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Looks like there are more people round the 16th in Canada than the whole of the LIV tournament.

The atmosphere looked properly good.