LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 35577

That's not what I said. Liv is just UK figures on YouTube. Different regions have different viewing platforms and figures.
What I said is 1.3m people are prepared to pay to watch golf on Sky but only a few thousand are prepared to watch LIV for free because to many golf fans it doesn't interest them.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What I said is 1.3m people are prepared to pay to watch golf on Sky but only a few thousand are prepared to watch LIV for free because to many golf fans it doesn't interest them.

Because they already have their fill of golf.

What we need to see is how many have stopped watching. Given up their subscription.

That's the true affect.

D

Deleted member 35577

Because they already have their fill of golf.

What we need to see is how many have stopped watching. Given up their subscription.

That's the true affect.
You're not making sense.

In 2022 there were 1,035,000 people playing golf in the UK. The highest viewing figure for LIV on Youtube that I have personally seen is 19k. I don't know if that is just UK or other regions as well but based on how many people play in the UK the viewing figures suggest to me that LIV needs to improve it's broadcast format.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You're not making sense.

In 2022 there were 1,035,000 people playing golf in the UK. The highest viewing figure for LIV on Youtube that I have personally seen is 19k. I don't know if that is just UK or other regions as well but based on how many people play in the UK the viewing figures suggest to me that LIV needs to improve it's broadcast format.

Wow well nobody can argue with that level of research 😂

D

Deleted member 35577

Well the fact that YOU have only seen the highest doesn't make it fact?

Fine to fully search the sky side but not giving a level playing field with Liv research

A loaded argument ..
OK....provide the Youtube viewing figures for LIV golf in the UK please?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Everyone is aware how to view Youtube. I just looked up viewing figures for golf on Sky, 1.3m on average per month and that is people paying for it. The few times I've watched LIV on Youtube the highest viewing figure I've seen is 19k which for a free service is poor. That tells me that either people are not into LIV or they need to drastically shake up their viewing offering. To me it looks very amateurish.

How does the 1.3m figure come about? Is it 4xPGA per week X 4 weeks + 4xDPTour X 4 weeks = 32 days of golf across 2 tours. And then the same number of people X 32 giving the 1.3m?

The reason I pose the question that way is a follow up post of yours says there’s just over 1m golfers in the U.K. Ok some non-golfers may watch Sky but there’s also a number of golfers who either don’t have a Sky subscription or just don’t watch golf on TV.

I find your numbers highly questionable.

D

Deleted member 35577

How does the 1.3m figure come about? Is it 4xPGA per week X 4 weeks + 4xDPTour X 4 weeks = 32 days of golf across 2 tours. And then the same number of people X 32 giving the 1.3m?

The reason I pose the question that way is a follow up post of yours says there’s just over 1m golfers in the U.K. Ok some non-golfers may watch Sky but there’s also a number of golfers who either don’t have a Sky subscription or just don’t watch golf on TV.

I find your numbers highly questionable.

D

Deleted member 35577

Ok, then Sky’s figures look questionable based on my previous post.
I have no idea on the breakdown of their figures and how many broadcasts it covers but it highlights that people are prepared to pay to watch a good product but not prepared to watch a substandard product even when it is free.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have no idea on the breakdown of their figures and how many broadcasts it covers but it highlights that people are prepared to pay to watch a good product but not prepared to watch a substandard product even when it is free.

Playing Devil’s Advocate isn’t “good product,” and “substandard product” a subjective opinion?

D

Deleted member 15344

Playing Devil’s Advocate isn’t “good product,” and “substandard product” a subjective opinion?

With everything stripped back ignoring graphics , commentary etc the actual hitting of the golf ball will be of the highest level on both tours - there are quality players playing both , the golf played by Rahm will be at the same high level as the golf played by Scheffler etc

There is no doubt that when it comes the quality within the top level of each tour it’s pretty even

But something must be stopping people from watching LIV when in the UK it’s free , their App I believe is free but level of downloads wasn’t more than 500k worldwide. Yes you can get you tube on the sky through the app , but what is stopping more from watching it ? Is it because it’s on when there is football on ?

LIV used to announce how many viewers they had but stopped last year , if it was being viewed handsomely I would expect them to be shouting from the roofs about their numbers