LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

Well it is an idea. And might appeal to some of the former PGAT regulars who weren't quite top echelon.

Brandel does seem to generally be about division though, as you observe. It's hard to tell, but wonder if in the US he is viewed a bit like Joey Barton is here. Actually maybe that is a step too far!

Blimey that’s brutal - is anyone that bad

He certainly does seem to very divisive

When reading the LIV accounts he gets named as part of the “corrupt media” along with the golf channel and people like No Laying Up - the “Establishment”

But he does seems to come across as someone looking to create noise and traffic.

It is interesting to see the US players reactions to players that LIV and the continuing coldness where as Europeans have reacted a little differently- as we can see with Tommy going to watch them

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

When reading the LIV accounts he gets named as part of the “corrupt media” along with the golf channel and people like No Laying Up - the “Establishment”

But he does seems to come across as someone looking to create noise and traffic.

It is interesting to see the US players reactions to players that LIV and the continuing coldness where as Europeans have reacted a little differently- as we can see with Tommy going to watch them
I know, it was more that he seems to like being controversial.
But that does seem to be popular to a degree these days.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
D

Deleted member 29109

It’s property amusing that some of these people running LiV twitter accounts and podcasts, genuinely think they are legitimate journalists or media people.

TigerBear

Visit site
Wonder if they'll be studying this stuff at uni in 10 years time? 🤔

To be fair he could have just gone to ground, but he keeps giving quotes

He should have went to ground. He adopts polarised positions within months.

Just comes across as a fool now.

D

Deleted member 35577

I've tried watching some of this weeks event from Vegas but struggling. It's all just a bit........trashy? The music is annoying, don't like the scoreboard down the side and the course looks bang average for a 'tour' event. Think I'll stick to PGA/DPWT stuff in future.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I've tried watching some of this weeks event from Vegas but struggling. It's all just a bit........trashy? The music is annoying, don't like the scoreboard down the side and the course looks bang average for a 'tour' event. Think I'll stick to PGA/DPWT stuff in future.
If only the standard PGA or DWP weekjly events were any better, they are not. They need to get something sorted asap.

I mean it's not like none of them are playing for teh money is it, regardless of teh tour.

D

Deleted member 15344

If only the standard PGA or DWP weekjly events were any better, they are not. They need to get something sorted asap.

I mean it's not like none of them are playing for teh money is it, regardless of teh tour.

There must be some reason why though the events are struggling to get people through the gate and also to watch online etc if the quality of the golf is better ?

They have some of the best players in the world - Rahm ,BDC , Koepka , Smith - major winners , quality golfers that excite but it doesn’t seem to be grabbing the attention. Vegas has I believe a extra 2 mil visitors over the Super Bowl Weekend, all those sports fans , place should be rammed.

Would LIV be better of having more events in Europe and Australia to grab a bigger crowd.

And do they need to get a telly deal to get more eyes on when people are sat at home

D-S

Visit site
I’m a regular watcher of the PGA, DPWT, LPGA & LET on Sky,sometimes an event grips me (if it’s a course I’ve played or there’s a good story or if I have a connection with someone in contention) more often than not it doesn’t and I give it a cursory glance. I watch the majors, Ryder and Solheim and the biggies but to date i haven’t seen one second of a LIV event - it’s not on my watching radar. I tune in to Sky Golf but wouldn’t know when and where to find LIV even if I had an interest. They don’t advertise where I see them (as I have never been informed of what’s happening and where and how to watch). I am probably not their target audience but if they want to target existing subscribers/viewers they aren’t doing it well.

wjemather

Visit site
I’m a regular watcher of the PGA, DPWT, LPGA & LET on Sky,sometimes an event grips me (if it’s a course I’ve played or there’s a good story or if I have a connection with someone in contention) more often than not it doesn’t and I give it a cursory glance. I watch the majors, Ryder and Solheim and the biggies but to date i haven’t seen one second of a LIV event - it’s not on my watching radar. I tune in to Sky Golf but wouldn’t know when and where to find LIV even if I had an interest. They don’t advertise where I see them (as I have never been informed of what’s happening and where and how to watch). I am probably not their target audience but if they want to target existing subscribers/viewers they aren’t doing it well.
Their adverts have appeared all over GM for 18 months. There's even a thread complaining about them!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What's wrong with watching it on mute? You have all the information presented to you. Why do you need to hear anything?

I mean crowd shouts have always been annoying

Commentators have always been annoying

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's wrong with watching it on mute? You have all the information presented to you. Why do you need to hear anything?

I mean crowd shouts have always been annoying

Commentators have always been annoying

I like it, bit more modern take rather than the classical music kinda stuff we get with regular Sky golf coverage.
I was thinking if they made a new golf video game, I’d like it to be more LIV biased with the team aspect and funkier music 👌

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to admit going down the top 100 golfers .. and it's not based on ability .

The list of golfers I like to tune in to watch has drastically declined on the pga tour

Fleetwood, tiger , Ricky , Hovland basically who's left

Where as Liv now has rahm, DJ , brooks, Bryson, smith

Whilst the product is not the finished article it's still golf end of the day

Been pretty good watch the last few holes

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like it, bit more modern take rather than the classical music kinda stuff we get with regular Sky golf coverage.
I was thinking if they made a new golf video game, I’d like it to be more LIV biased with the team aspect and funkier music 👌

Hey don't come in here with positive thinking of different ideas. That's too crazy 🤣

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Vegas has I believe a extra 2 mil visitors over the Super Bowl Weekend, all those sports fans , place should be rammed.
I was thinking about this earlier, and had four thoughts on the lower than expected attendance:

1) most people would be flying in for the weekend I assume - hence the lower attendance on Thursday and Friday (looked pretty decent tonight).

2) It's been cold and breezy - not like they were balmy days in the sun. So less likely to pick up more casual foot traffic.

3) Kind of linked to the above but there are so many things to do in Vegas that walking around a chilly golf course wouldn't be very appealing to the more casual fan.

4) As others have commented earlier - The golf course looked extremely tight with the houses etc. It might be it simply wasn't big enough to have huge crowds even if 1,2 and 3 weren't factors.
Edit: I've just compared it to TPC Summerlin as a local example of a PGA Tour Host and I'd guess the LVCC property about half the size

Last edited:

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
I was thinking about this earlier, and had four thoughts on the lower than expected attendance:

1) most people would be flying in for the weekend I assume - hence the lower attendance on Thursday and Friday (looked pretty decent tonight).

2) It's been cold and breezy - not like they were balmy days in the sun. So less likely to pick up more casual foot traffic.

3) Kind of linked to the above but there are so many things to do in Vegas that walking around a chilly golf course wouldn't be very appealing to the more casual fan.

4) As others have commented earlier - The golf course looked extremely tight with the houses etc. It might be it simply wasn't big enough to have huge crowds even if 1,2 and 3 weren't factors.
Edit: I've just compared it to TPC Summerlin as a local example of a PGA Tour Host and I'd guess the LVCC property about half the size
Saturday was a sell out!

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
Terrible product, setup and the whole team thing is just rubbish.

Not interested in the slightest.
You can actually watch it ignoring the team aspect! Personally I prefer it over PGA Tour - you actually get to see some Golf! During PGA Tour coverage you get Golf breaks rather than ad breaks and most events have depleted fields unlike Liv which has the same full strength fields for every round. From June it will be possible to follow whichever group you want to as well!

The PGA Tour has had its own way for far too long and has helped reduce the European Tour to feeder status. I love seeing them losing players!

It's time it was realised that to have a true World Number One you need a global tour and not a solely North American Series.