LIV ad is covering up the screen

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
This happens periodically on this forum, has done for a long time - nothing really to do with LIV, other than companies appear happy to promote them for cash - more of a Golf Monthly IT problem really. Ad Blocker solves it.

evemccc

Visit site
This happens periodically on this forum, has done for a long time - nothing really to do with LIV, other than companies appear happy to promote them for cash - more of a Golf Monthly IT problem really. Ad Blocker solves it.

Yes, my comment above was tongue in check

If it’s an advert for LIV everyone gets excited / soils themselves desperate to show how much they hate Liv —- if it’s the same space taken-up on the screen by any another advert (non-Liv), there is almost no response..

Monty Python’s “I really hate the Romans” is about right 🤪

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If it’s an advert for LIV everyone gets excited / soils themselves desperate to show how much they hate Liv —- if it’s the same space taken-up on the screen by any another advert (non-Liv), there is almost no response..

I disagree. That is the first LIV advert to block the web site like it did, but there has been others non LIV that have done exactly the same and the response was just the same as the LIV one

D

Deleted member 1147

I disagree. That is the first LIV advert to block the web site like it did, but there has been others non LIV that have done exactly the same and the response was just the same as the LIV one
Agreed, whenever an annoying advert appears on the website there are complaints...just need to look at the website feedback section

sunshine

Visit site

Please explain the Monty Python reference to the Saudi golf league?

sjw

Visit site
The fact that anyone browses the web without an ad blocker is staggering to me. I just couldn't cope.

evemccc

Visit site
Please explain the Monty Python reference to the Saudi golf league?

Relevant to the tongue in cheek - but certainly also more than a kernel of truth - comment about some on here desperate to outdo each other with proving how much they hate LIV

Monty Python Life of Brian…”You have to really hate the Romans.
I do, I really hate them..
How much do you hate them?
A lot”

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The fact that anyone browses the web without an ad blocker is staggering to me. I just couldn't cope.
I had it some time ago but then took it off because some sites don't like it and wont work with it. I put it back on last week because of the issue and so far so good. Maybe the sites that didn't like it have had to adapt and work with it. Anyway, there certainly was a reason why not everyone would use it previously, perhaps not now.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
On my Samsung s21, the Titleist and LIV ads keep pausing or crashing Chrome infrequently but enough to make using the site annoying.
They also resize the screen a little which means I have to shrink the screen back again. That's really annoying!

sjw

Visit site
I had it some time ago but then took it off because some sites don't like it and wont work with it. I put it back on last week because of the issue and so far so good. Maybe the sites that didn't like it have had to adapt and work with it. Anyway, there certainly was a reason why not everyone would use it previously, perhaps not now.
I would hazard a guess that a lot of people don't know it's an option.

Additionally, any ad blocker worth its salt can be turned off for select websites. It's not an all-or-nothing situation.

D

Deleted member 1147

I would hazard a guess that a lot of people don't know it's an option.

Additionally, any ad blocker worth its salt can be turned off for select websites. It's not an all-or-nothing situation.
I generally use my office PC, and we aren't allowed to add anything without permission.

And I don't think my wish to access the GM Forum is a suitable reason

Swango1980

Visit site
Relevant to the tongue in cheek - but certainly also more than a kernel of truth - comment about some on here desperate to outdo each other with proving how much they hate LIV

Monty Python Life of Brian…”You have to really hate the Romans.
I do, I really hate them..
How much do you hate them?
A lot”
Would you please stop desperately trolling the forums any time you feel like playing the poor LIV victim. At least stick to the LIV thread. This thread was about an advertisement, that just so happened to be about LIV. It is rare that such an ad makes the website unusable, but this particular one did. That is why people were frustrated. When it has happened in the past, users have been equally frustrated, regardless of the ad.

If the ad was just like any other ad on the forum, and users were simply kicking off about it because they don't like seeing anything to do with LIV, then I would find your comments fair.

sjw

Visit site
I generally use my office PC, and we aren't allowed to add anything without permission.

And I don't think my wish to access the GM Forum is a suitable reason
You can't install browser extensions?

I'd be putting a request to the IT team straight away! Just tell them that accessing the web is a hateful experience without one (which it is)

D

Deleted member 1147

You can't install browser extensions?

I'd be putting a request to the IT team straight away! Just tell them that accessing the web is a hateful experience without one (which it is)
I have no issue on work websites, as people don't try to advertise via HMRC, Companies House etc

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anyone (not using ad blockers etc) having issues with the LIV golf advert again? It amazes me that GM have so many issues with various adverts, don't they test it before rolling it out to see how it's going to look?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I can't see who wrote the above. The advert obliterates left side of screen. Could not click on Like or Reply either - same problem to right of screen.

What a pain!