Annoying Titleist Ad

sunshine

Visit site
I know the poor Livbots believe the forum is picking on them for the annoying adverts blocking the screen. So to add a bit of balance, the Titleist ad is blocking the screen. This is really annoying when viewing in landscape as it covers the bottom third of the screen.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
On my Samsung s21, the Titleist and LIV ads keep pausing or crashing Chrome infrequently but enough to make using the site annoying.
They also resize the screen a little which means I have to shrink the screen back again. That's really annoying!

Bratty

Visit site
This is still an issue. Is it not getting sorted? The resizing of the page is even more annoying than the advert itself.
I've logged an email with the support team about this. It keeps crashing chrome or worse, closing chrome and putting my android phone on lock screen! It's the only site that does it, so I know where the fault lies!
I haven't heard back yet though.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've logged an email with the support team about this. It keeps crashing chrome or worse, closing chrome and putting my android phone on lock screen! It's the only site that does it, so I know where the fault lies!
I haven't heard back yet though.
This old chestnut has come back on my screen too, bloody annoying, it takes up the bottom third if my screen!

Bratty

Visit site
There's a frustrating one for something appearing top right on my phone now too! Very little of the forum is visible. Annoying, and no, I don't want to bother installing ad blockers!
I understand the need for advertising, but does no-one do any testing on UXP before putting them up??!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230509_103851_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230509_103851_Chrome.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 5

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a frustrating one for something appearing top right on my phone now too! Very little of the forum is visible. Annoying, and no, I don't want to bother installing ad blockers!
I understand the need for advertising, but does no-one do any testing on UXP before putting them up??!!
After 3 or 4 days without, the bloody ad is back again! 😡.
I don't mind a slim ad on top of page as before but as it is now, no thanks!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Now I have Stewart Golf. Once, twice but not the number of times they appear on each visit.

Very few people buy their trolleys because of the price.

When will it be removed please and can anything be done?

Bratty

Visit site
Can we maybe add an x button to close the ads if we're not interested? It can appear, satisfying the advertiser, and then disappear, satisfying the forumer.

Bratty

Visit site
If you wait for it to finish, it has a small x to close it top right.
However, it still resizes the window and is horrendously annoying!!!!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
As long as the forum is free, they are never going to stop.
You either live with them or block them.....free of charge.
I have never seen an advert on the forum

Bratty

Visit site
I have no objection to adverts on this site and I completely understand GM's need to have them here. However, I do object to adverts blocking half the page or resizing my screen resolution or preventing me from using the site.
I don't see why the adverts can't just behave sensibly. I don't use ad blockers, but if they're not careful, we'll all use them and then what's the point in advertisers paying GM?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have adblock on the windows PC, and I don't get it. On my ipad2 its a bleeding nightmare.
TBH, I don't think GM are that bothered by how annoying it is, it's just about member numbers and revenue it gives them in advertising.
Next it will be Wardrobes......