LIV ad is covering up the screen

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just put on ad-block ultimate on my works computer and that has stopped the issue. It causes problems on other sites but hopefully GM will have resolved this soon and I can remove it again.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Lucky you, I have had to reply via my phone as like & reply tabs only open the ad.
What are you using to keep it off, not had any problems previously when others have been complaining?

I can only speak from personal experience.
I use Google Chrome as my default browser and I use 2 free 'blockers'.
Adblock which doesn't seem to do much and Adblock Plus which has blocked 9 ads on this site.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I can not see who the author of each post is.
I can not give anyone a "like" either, because the ads are covering that side of the screen as well.
Basically - its knackered.
It really should not take long to fix by way of removal.
None of this is endearing us to LIV - so why persist with something that is lose-lose?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This ad completely destroys a reasonable viewing of this forum on my ipad2, my desktop is fine. Annoying it’s users isn’t going to benefit the forum or those that wish to advertise on it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ad blocker is your friend.

I don't remember the last time I saw an advert on my browser.

Occasionally I go use Edge to view the Internet with adverts on. Hilarious at how bad the Internet looks these days.

I use several IBs and chose according to which site I am using. Some sites do not let you use them with an adblocker turned on.

MKnott

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Just wanted to update that this has been reported, I can absolutely see the issues with the ad and even though I'm deaf I can hear it coming through my headphones on the other side of the room. I'll be chasing it up again if it isn't resolved by this afternoon - thanks to everyone who messaged us about it and I'm sorry it's so oppressive and impacting on the community.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
has appeared on mine today too. badly designed advert as it covers the content. i dont see the usual small x or 'close' to get rid of it

to get rid of it
Open ‘forums.golfmonthly.com’ so it is the last website you opened. It will be top of the list when you do the below
From any web page, in Chrome, in the top right of the page somewhere, click on maybe ‘update’ or 3 dots, and choose ‘settings’
next choose Privacy & security
then Site settings

Under recent activity choose forums.golfmonthly.com
If not at the top of the list, click on ' View permissions and data stored across sites ' and find it

For Javascript select block. I don’t think it is needed for this forum and will only be blocked for this website
Thank you

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The LIV advert disappeared yesterday making the forum much more user friendly. But this morning a Pro V advert has taken its place covering the bottom of the screen on my phone and resizing pages every time I click on a new thread. Haven't checked to see if it's as bad as the LIV one was on my laptop with the sidebars covering content but surely they do some testing before these ads go live.

LizAig

Visit site
has appeared on mine today too. badly designed advert as it covers the content. i dont see the usual small x or 'close' to get rid of it

to get rid of it
Open ‘forums.golfmonthly.com’ so it is the last website you opened. It will be top of the list when you do the below
From any web page, in Chrome, in the top right of the page somewhere, click on maybe ‘update’ or 3 dots, and choose ‘settings’
next choose Privacy & security
then Site settings

Under recent activity choose forums.golfmonthly.com
If not at the top of the list, click on ' View permissions and data stored across sites ' and find it

For Javascript select block. I don’t think it is needed for this forum and will only be blocked for this website
Thanks