Proper customer service from Amazon

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Live chat transcript ref damaged Kindle... I contacted them to see if I could have it repaired as it looks like the screen's been damaged somehow.

08:31 PM GMT Rushikesh(Amazon): Hi there
08:32 PM GMT Rushikesh: May I know the trouble you're having with your Kindle?
08:32 PM GMT Me: Hi Rushikesh, the screen is damaged.
08:32 PM GMT Rushikesh: I understand.
08:33 PM GMT Rushikesh: It it a physical damage?
Is*
08:33 PM GMT Me: Yes, I think so
08:33 PM GMT Rushikesh: okay
Please help me with the order number for the Kindle if you ordered it from Amazon.
08:34 PM GMT Me: My wife bought it for me, can't access the order right now. It's registered to my Amazon account though
08:35 PM GMT Rushikesh: Is it Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen) named "Mr's 2nd Kindle"?
08:35 PM GMT Me: That's the one
08:35 PM GMT Rushikesh: okay
Let me check this for you.
08:35 PM GMT Me: OK. Thanks
08:35 PM GMT Rushikesh: Has the device been dropped, had pressure applied to it, or been exposed to liquids?
08:36 PM GMT Me: I don't think so. I turned it on and theres a small chip in the screen with light coming through.
It looks like an impact issue but I haven't dropped it
08:37 PM GMT Rushikesh: okay
08:38 PM GMT Rushikesh: I've checked and it looks like we don't have any repair centers avaialble. Due to this we won't be able to only replace the screen.
Don't worry, I'll help you with the replacement Kindle.
08:39 PM GMT Rushikesh: We'll have to process the complete replacement for the device.
Please confirm the address on which you'd like the replacement to be delivered and the last 2 digits of your payment card.
08:40 PM GMT Me: OK.My address is

Which card do you need?
08:41 PM GMT Rushikesh: The one currently registered to your acocunt.
account
08:42 PM GMT: Me:
08:44 PM GMT Rushikesh: I've now processed the replacement for you. Here's the order number Make sure to return the faulty Kindle within 30 days.
I'll send you the follow up email with the return label. And you don't need to return the charger or any other accessories as replacement will only include the Kindle.
08:44 PM GMT Me: OK, that's great news. Thank you very much!
08:44 PM GMT Rushikesh: You're most welcome:)
Is there anything else I can help you with?
08:45 PM GMT Me: No thank you, That's more than enough :)
08:45 PM GMT Rushikesh: Have a Nice Evening. Please click on the ‘"END CHAT"’ at the top corner of this screen and answer a quick pop-up question about my service today. I’d really appreciate it. Bye!

08:45 PM GMT Me: OK, you too. Take care

No messing about. Fair play Amazon :thup:

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't expect anything less from Amazon. I have had similar service and it's why I use them much more than other retailers. John Lewis falls into this same category. Never worth saving a few quid to go to the likes of Currys or Argos as when you try to deal with damaged items there....then good luck is all I have to say.

Would love to see Amazon Price match like JL do

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Genuinely nice to read this 👍 giffgaff are another helpful company. While Aviva are useless. Big companies suck these days generally.