Annoying ad!

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can anyone help please.

I have this most annoying ad behind my screen making the forum page smaller. I can't get rid of it, it's on all the time.
I do have adblocker
Thanks.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been using Ublock Origin for years on laptop and have never had any adverts or banners on this site. Sorry mate but can't help you.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I get it too, you can see it doing something behind the forum. Out of interest I tried tapping on it to try and find out who might be responsible, and it doesn't bring up anything - just pauses the video.

So what's the point of an advert that you can't read or respond to?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can’t actually see what it’s advertising, so don’t really understand the point. Most of the invasive adverts on here over the years have done enough to put me off whatever product they’re advertising. This one is annoying me, as it keeps catching my eye but at least the forum is still usable.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I have it on my Mac too, but I can click on the border and open the ad....its for Yves St lauren make up. Odd why it appears on this forum but on nothing else I browse on the net.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have it on my Mac too, but I can click on the border and open the ad....its for Yves St lauren make up. Odd why it appears on this forum but on nothing else I browse on the net.
You mean you don’t wear any foundation ?

Irritatingly the Ad job done…it has YSL in my head for Mrs Christmas pressie.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well. For the first time ever, I've just logged in on my Android phone.

The site is as clean as a whistle, no sign of any banners or ads. Using Duck Duck Go browser and Ublock Origin. Works for me (y)

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Use DuckDuckgo as your browser and you can stop all these annoying intrusions while also screening your data from theft.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
You mean you don’t wear any foundation ?

Irritatingly the Ad job done…it has YSL in my head for Mrs Christmas pressie.
I work for a competitor, and we just finished a month worth pushing foundation. Not once did golf monthly pop up in the discussions.

At least this time the ad let’s us use the forum as normal. A few months ago it was either TM or Callaway which didn’t even let me click or comment in the forums.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Based on several replies above ...

I too had it on my Android tablet, even though I use Duck Duck Go. Very irritating - especially as I couldn't see what it was actually advertising. However, installed Adbloc Plus, then rebooted the tablet. It's gone.