Little things make the difference when it comes to customer service

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bought some irons from Clubhouse Golf last week. Had a bit of an online chat with one of their sales guys beforehand and asked if any discount was available. He said he couldn't discount the set I was looking, but would throw some balls in. I was happy with that, and placed the order.

Irons turned up a few days later, no balls. Emailed him on Thursday to ask if they had been sent separately, no response. Emailed him again on Monday, no response again. Sent an email headed "complaint' to the standard email address, so far no response to that either.

I'm getting a bit hacked off, and it's turned what was a good experience into a bad one for the sake of a few golf balls. If he had said, sorry, I can't offer you anything, I would still have gone ahead and ordered, but I don't like being told I will get something, then it doesn't turn up, and I particularly don't like being ignored when I chase it up.

Am going to ring them tomorrow to see if I have any more luck, but it's just so poor to alienate a customer over something so trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bad communication, and if they had offered balls in the deal, than I think they should have kept to their word.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No response?

it’s a national lockdown of non essential shops, my guess is all staff are furloughed. I’d wait a little longer before throwing a pissy fit.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not golf related, but I've just purchased a couple of interior doors from a company called "Doordeals".
Absolutely first class service from ordering to delivery, including a telephone call to confirm that the delivery date they were proposing would be acceptable for me.
I'd go as far as to say that it's my best purchase experience ever which will guarantee my custom should I require anything else in the future.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
No response?

it’s a national lockdown of non essential shops, my guess is all staff are furloughed. I’d wait a little longer before throwing a pissy fit.
Having said that..they're there to take money and ship goods...and to talk on the phone.

I'm sure it's just an oversight but keep on it.
CHG quite active on Twitter.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No response?

The sales guy was very responsive when I was thinking of buying, I sent 2 or 3 emails which were answered within the hour. He's now had over a week to respond to my post-sale emails, and hasn't. Compare and contrast.

As for your guess that all staff are furloughed, that is patently not the case. CHG are trading normally online, as are the vast majority of online firms.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also, by now businesses have had plenty of time to put in place measures to be able to carry on fairly normally with people working from home, etc. To still be blaming CV for poor/lack of communication is not good

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No response?

??

They were happy enough to take the money. They offered an incentive to close the deal, but didn't deliver. I would be disappointed too.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not golf related, but I've just purchased a couple of interior doors from a company called "Doordeals".
Absolutely first class service from ordering to delivery, including a telephone call to confirm that the delivery date they were proposing would be acceptable for me.
I'd go as far as to say that it's my best purchase experience ever which will guarantee my custom should I require anything else in the future.

Even better than buying a car from yourself?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was it not you that said I pathetic when I had issues with golf monthly magazine?

Ya see no one likes bad service!!!

I agree it was poor that they took your money too early, but iirc they rectified it pretty quickly and your complaint was you had lost a pound because of exchange rates? A bit petty and not really comparable imo.

D

Deleted member 21258

Are you saving you have emailed them 3 times within a week of the delivery of the irons ?

and the final email is complaint email.

Suppose I would say give them a little time to response.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
??

They were happy enough to take the money. They offered an incentive to close the deal, but didn't deliver. I would be disappointed too.

Not really, the Op said he would've ordered without any extra incentive
I assume the sales guy was told that too, so the balls were just a total gift, no strings attached

NedPizza

Visit site
I assume the sales guy was told that too, so the balls were just a total gift, no strings attached
Thank you for this valid point. The OP is making a fuss for a freebie (which is fine) but then to insult another user that they are pathetic, when that user has suffered a financial lose however small due to the companies fault, is not correct behaviour.

NedPizza

Visit site
The ad for subscription was in the same currency as my account, I did not accept them to charge me in a different currency. Their mistake so they should have put it right and put me back in the same position as I was before. Also taking an authorized payment is a NO NO

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nowhere did the OP say they told sales they would order without - stop making things up and making assumptions! The offer of free balls came from them, it was part of the agreement.
The OP is not happy and rightly so.

Last edited: