Little things make the difference when it comes to customer service

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The ad for subscription was in the same currency as my account, I did not accept them to charge me in a different currency. Their mistake so they should have put it right and put me back in the same position as I was before. Also taking an authorized payment is a NO NO

Can you not take this back to the appropriate thread?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not really, the Op said he would've ordered without any extra incentive
I assume the sales guy was told that too, so the balls were just a total gift, no strings attached

you know what assumptions make, don't you?

I asked the sales guy what discount he could give on 2 sets of irons. On the first set, he said he could give me 10% discount. For the second set, he said he couldn't do anything about the price, but he would throw some balls in if I ordered them. I agreed to do so on that basis. I would have probably ordered them without the incentive, but he didn't know that.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Are you saving you have emailed them 3 times within a week of the delivery of the irons ?

and the final email is complaint email.

Suppose I would say give them a little time to response.

when I was a potential buyer, they were answering my emails in minutes. I've given them 2-3 days to answer each email, but no response at all. If they had sent an acknowledgement saying we'll look into it, I'd be happy to wait, but no response at all is pretty poor.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
you know what assumptions make, don't you?

I asked the sales guy what discount he could give on 2 sets of irons. On the first set, he said he could give me 10% discount. For the second set, he said he couldn't do anything about the price, but he would throw some balls in if I ordered them. I agreed to do so on that basis. I would have probably ordered them without the incentive, but he didn't know that.

So if he didn't know that what was the point on saying it in your post?

Of course they need to make good on their commitment but no need to over egg the situation with info you withheld from them but gave to us

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just a petty hate of mine. You're in the right they need to make good, no question, there's no need to embellish the tale

OMG! The OP put a post on a discussion forum about their experience. I saw zero embellishment.
Perhaps you need to seek another forum for YOUR OCD!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just a petty hate of mine. You're in the right they need to make good, no question, there's no need to embellish the tale

Can't believe that, rather than acknowledging you made an incorrect assumption and jumped to conclusions, I'm getting told off for "embellishing" by saying I would have bought the irons without the incentive!

(I could make a case that it was a pertinent point but I really can't be arsed.)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The sales guy was very responsive when I was thinking of buying, I sent 2 or 3 emails which were answered within the hour. He's now had over a week to respond to my post-sale emails, and hasn't. Compare and contrast.

As for your guess that all staff are furloughed, that is patently not the case. CHG are trading normally online, as are the vast majority of online firms.

In that case I totally retract my statement with a genuine apology. I had made the assumption that they were ordered pre lock down and not during, so rightly so if they were prepared to win the sale then the aftersales is even more important.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Not golf related, but I've just purchased a couple of interior doors from a company called "Doordeals".
Absolutely first class service from ordering to delivery, including a telephone call to confirm that the delivery date they were proposing would be acceptable for me.
I'd go as far as to say that it's my best purchase experience ever which will guarantee my custom should I require anything else in the future.
Forgot to congratulate you on your new job mate.......

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The dentist receptionist who answers the phone with a cheery welcoming greeting rather than the one at ours who answers the phone with her nose so impatiently far up in the air its as if I’d walked through the door with dog dirt on the sole of my shoe.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
This is the lounge, just for golf chat. Golf related customer service posts are fine

For non golf customer service stuff, feel free to start a new thread in OOB
?

Boomy

Visit site
I try to buy as much as possible from my local golf/pro shops! Not just because It’s important to support local businesses but also because I like the face to face service and the back up it provides. I’ve had too many wrangles with poor service online and more often than not you don’t save much more than you would by buying locally. It’s easy for the online companies to hide away and make contact difficult.. hopefully they will respond when you phone them.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
bit of an update - after no response to my 3 emails, I took to Twitter on Saturday morning. No response so called them up yesterday. Girl in Customer Services was very apologetic, and said she would put me through to the salesman - turned out he was "unavailable", no surprise there.

CS agent said she didn't have access to the warehouse, but had some balls there she would send me. Received a sleeve of Pro V1x this morning. Fair play to her for doing her best.

They finally picked up on my Twitter message last night and asked for a copy of the mails which I have sent them. Hopefully the sales guy will get a boot up the backside, but who knows.

All in all, not a great experience, and I will hesitate to use them in the future.