Linear golf ?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hardly any pro does what I did though, which was hands forward, ball back in the stance.
I don't quite agree... but they don't set up like an amateur when they do. Most amateurs who set up as you describe actually end up with their head in front of the ball.... and steep.

I use both methods according to the lie of the ball but would generally advocate ball in center of stance and hands just a little forward, putting the club/hands thru the ball and not down into the ground is the key.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't quite agree... but they don't set up like an amateur when they do. Most amateurs who set up as you describe actually end up with their head in front of the ball.... and steep.

I use both methods according to the lie of the ball but would generally advocate ball in center of stance and hands just a little forward, putting the club/hands thru the ball and not down into the ground is the key.

The Pro acknowledged that players he teaches often just tweak the swing a little to what feels good and gives results.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Luke Donald

[video=youtube;ETO0SvEBXts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETO0SvEBXts[/video]

Funny enough his name was mentioned early on as someone who utilises the clubs bounce and recognises the leeway that it gives on miss hits