Letham Grange Sunday 2nd September

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am arranging an outing to Letham Grange (Old Course) on Sunday 2nd September. Letham Grange is near Arbroath in Angus. http://www.lethamgrangegolfclub.co.uk/

The outing is an informal arrangement with a number of players from the Golf Magic forum who have met a few times but it isn't any sort of official thing, just a gathering of like-minded golfers out for an enjoyable social event. So if anyone would like to join us on that date, there are places available - men and women. The deal is £45 for coffee/tea and bacon roll on arrival, a round of golf and a 2 course meal afterwards in the nearby Chance Inn. We chip in a further £4 for prizes plus there will be an optional sweep for 2s. I would need a £10 deposit.

We do make it competitive on a friendly basis - stableford format with prizes for nearest the pin, longest drive and something out of the ordinary at the whim of the organiser (you should have seen the natty outfit of the guy who won the Poulter Prize on a previous outing!). To date the organiser has not won but has equally managed to avoid the wooden spoon. This could well be a first time for one or other given the inconsistency of my play of late.

Throw your name in if you are interested and PM me with an email address.

Last edited:
T

thecraw

Letham is an absolute dump now.

Course has gone to the dogs, council now cutting greens, lack of money, just poor poor poor. Run down clubhouse and just re.

While you can I'd switch it to Edzell or somewhere else that's decent.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't want burst your bubble but the course is poor the greens are shocking, i've played it a few times recently as guys from work are members.

You are squeezed into a wee room as they don't have access to the hotel any more,the rough is brutal ,i wouldnt play it again ,its such a pity as it was a great set up.

I'd try Alyth or Scotscraig( yes Craw they've cut all the rough down now).

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the warning. It was chosen on the recommendation of 2 of the group. I'll let them know your comments as it isn't too late to change.

By the way, the craw, how's Lochwinnoch these days? I was a member there around 1980 and remember it with pleasure and with pain. The pain came from the midges.

Last edited:
T

thecraw

Thanks for the warning. It was chosen on the recommendation of 2 of the group. I'll let them know your comments as it isn't too late to change.

By the way, the craw, how's Lochwinnoch these days? I was a member there around 1980 and remember it with pleasure and with pain. The pain came from the midges.

Lochwinnoch - best greens in Renfrewshire, great first 5 holes then the hill bites! Just not for me.