Competition Qualifying Cards

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I think handicap secs can see behind the scenes and view how many of your counting scores are from comps and how many are GP. Some clubs want a decent number of comp cards, how many is up to them. You need to know the answer to that.

I've noticed that for 2024 every open asks for the CDH number of every player when booking. In the past it was only some clubs asked for those upfront, the others asked after if you were in a prize winning spot.

I haven't come across this yet up here but I have heard other people on here quoting it before. I understand why but equally, if they want you to put a card in for every round, this could be a disincentive.
With 4 Ball competition scores becoming acceptable for handicapping Ng from 1st April, EG are asking clubs to ensure such scores are reported to the WHS platform. Hence the need for clubs to require CDH numbers.

D-S

Visit site
With 4 Ball competition scores becoming acceptable for handicapping Ng from 1st April, EG are asking clubs to ensure such scores are reported to the WHS platform. Hence the need for clubs to require CDH numbers.
Just, for others, to clarify it is only very good (42pts or 6 under par) 4BB rounds which are acceptable, providing one player’s scaled up score is 36 points plus and they are on the card 9 plus times. This is certainly why CDH numbers will be mandatory for 4BB Opens.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Surely the club's ISV front end - Masterscoreboard, IG, HDID etc. - will show this if the player can't remember if his rounds were Competition or General Play
The Masterscoreboard mobile app certainly shows whether your score are competition or otherwise....however...there are three of my scores on my record that were played as comps that the system doesn't indicate were comps. Looking at the WHS portal, it too doesnt indicate the status of these comps.....now these were comps played in Scotland (England being my home nation) so perhaps the neural pathways between the various unions systems aren't all firing perfectly.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
On HDID I had to click on my handicap value on my home page.....took a while to find it.
Its not obvious.
I still think they should be visible on the EG app dashboard.