Leicester Lockdown ?

D

Deleted member 18588

You should have realised that on this Forum conspiracy theories always trump and gain more exposure than the truth - the city was mentioned by PHE a couple of weeks ago. I fear the Labour Mayor may be a little disingenuous.
The Mayor was also a serial breaker of lockdown so his personal credibility is a little strained.

D

Deleted member 18588

Not sure it's that cut and dried though, are the clubs within lockdown area closed today?
People are being asked to only travel if necessary and to stay at home if possible.

In other words the guidelines for all of us prior to golf clubs being allowed to reopen.

That being so I cannot see how travelling from within the Red Zone to play golf at a club outside the zone can possibly be seen as complying with the guidelines for Leicester's lockdown.

As for clubs within the zone I believe they are waiting for confirmation that they are to return to pre-easing status i.e. closed.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People are being asked to only travel if necessary and to stay at home if possible.

In other words the guidelines for all of us prior to golf clubs being allowed to reopen.

That being so I cannot see how travelling from within the Red Zone to play golf at a club outside the zone can possibly be seen as complying with the guidelines for Leicester's lockdown.
You could always claim you were testing your eyesight......;)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rumour mill going insane in Gateshead. Friend of a friend works in the council and says there's a high level meeting on Thursday to discuss the borough going back into lockdown ?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

As for clubs within the zone I believe they are waiting for confirmation that they are to return to pre-easing status i.e. closed.

I'll be surprised if Golf clubs are forced to close or if those living outside are stopped from playing, as some easing measures which game along after gold clubs were allowed like "the bubble" and "up to six meeting" remain in place. I'll happily withdraw "over-cautious" though and replace with cautious.

D

Deleted member 18588

A restaurant in the county is to ask customers for ID.

They will refuse to serve those from within the Red Zone.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No mate, not really looked at how it could affect us. My village is about as on the edge of Gateshead as you can get, maybe they will overlook us over here :LOL:
Keep your head down, don't make eye contact. Should be okay then :D.

It looks as though it will be a race between Gateshead, Sunderand and Middlesbrough for who goes first up here.

D

Deleted member 18588

Keep your head down, don't make eye contact. Should be okay then :D.

It looks as though it will be a race between Gateshead, Sunderand and Middlesbrough for who goes first up here.
Keep the Geordies, Mackems and Smoggies out of a thread about the "good folk of Leicester".

You will end up confusing the latter.?

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree, using language is a very lame excuse. Sure there may be elderly relatives that have moved here but I'm pretty sure that EVERY household will have at least 1 English speaking person (or access to one English speaking person) that can translate if necessary.
Definitely not true. Used to live there and my wife worked in a city school, near the King Power. They had to employ translators to speak to the parents and there were over 20 languages spoken in the (primary) school. It was a nightmare dealing with any school admin.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Definitely not true. Used to live there and my wife worked in a city school, near the King Power. They had to employ translators to speak to the parents and there were over 20 languages spoken in the (primary) school. It was a nightmare dealing with any school admin.
Interesting. So are you saying that those people have no access to somebody that can speak English, either in the same household, or a neighbour or friend? I find it very strange if that is the case.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Interesting. So are you saying that those people have no access to somebody that can speak English, either in the same household, or a neighbour or friend? I find it very strange if that is the case.

There's a big difference in having the access to translators/friends and overcoming laziness or embarrassment to access the help.

To be brutally honest there are a few who refuse to use anything but their 'own' language.

D

Deleted Member 1156

There's a big difference in having the access to translators/friends and overcoming laziness or embarrassment to access the help.

To be brutally honest there are a few who refuse to use anything but their 'own' language.
Indeed. I'm not really questioning what Steve replied, I think what you have said is more the case. I have been in similar situations when I was a kid living in the far east, you could always find someone to translate if you were prepared to make the effort. But I found it was actually much easier and convenient to learn the language :)