Leicester Lockdown ?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going to suggest there's a strong chance the higher rates of infection will be most likely amongst the poor sods having to continue to stay working due to their only source of income being the poxy 'gig economy'...

D

Deleted member 18588

Going to suggest there's a strong chance the higher rates of infection will be most likely amongst the poor sods having to continue to stay working due to their only source of income being the poxy 'gig economy'...
In Leicester many of the garment and textile manufacturers kept their factories operating throughout the original lockdown.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
In Leicester many of the garment and textile manufacturers kept their factories operating throughout the original lockdown.

Probably/likely to be on piece work... Which amounts, more or less, to the same (for me)…

The areas, in London, currently under threat [of additional lockdown] are areas where there will be a high proportion of folk on low income... And, I suspect, this will be the case for most of the areas currently being identified as being potential spots for additional measures...

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
People are being asked to only travel if necessary and to stay at home if possible.

In other words the guidelines for all of us prior to golf clubs being allowed to reopen.

That being so I cannot see how travelling from within the Red Zone to play golf at a club outside the zone can possibly be seen as complying with the guidelines for Leicester's lockdown.

As for clubs within the zone I believe they are waiting for confirmation that they are to return to pre-easing status i.e. closed.

I understand that England Golf have now advised clubs within lockdown that they may remain open, and it is at the discretion of the host club, whether they players from inside the lockdown areas to travel to their clubs to play. Not sure how this essential travel, but can only assume that EG have taken advice from HMG

D

Deleted member 18588

I understand that England Golf have now advised clubs within lockdown that they may remain open, and it is at the discretion of the host club, whether they players from inside the lockdown areas to travel to their clubs to play. Not sure how this essential travel, but can only assume that EG have taken advice from HMG
Strange as, of this morning, I understand that EG hadn't got an answer.

I fear that clubs may be interpreting old information to give them the answer they want.

Just look at the confusion regarding EG and pro shops when lockdown was initially eased.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 31469

Well there you go Havering not even on the list

Pure rubbish by the mail as always

Having looked at it a bit more my understanding is that the DM figures only included the "Pillar 1" tests and not the "Pillar 2" tests. I'm a bit surprised not to see any of the London boroughs in that list as BBC were reporting this morning that 13 boroughs were of concern due to increases in the total positive tests. I assume that the large population in those areas drops them down that list.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Strange as, of this morning, I understand that EG hadn't got an answer.

I fear that clubs may be interpreting old information to give them the answer they want.

Just look at the confusion regarding EG and pro shops when lockdown was initially eased.

Not so, the County Secretary emailed clubs late this morning to advise as I stated. Never the less my own club like yours as advised members that they should not travel from inside the lockdown zone to play golf and have canceled all competitions.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Probably/likely to be on piece work... Which amounts, more or less, to the same (for me)…

The areas, in London, currently under threat [of additional lockdown] are areas where there will be a high proportion of folk on low income... And, I suspect, this will be the case for most of the areas currently being identified as being potential spots for additional measures...

Low income areas also tend to have high population density and high premises/house occupancy making infection transmission more likely. May also be less personal hygiene/health.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Low income areas also tend to have high population density and high premises/house occupancy making infection transmission more likely. May also be less personal hygiene/health.

Was no surprise, to me, when I saw Harlesden was one of the worst areas, for infection, in London... Low income high density housing... Whereas Kingston with higher incomes posher housing was amongst the lowest for infections...

Living in multi occupancy would likely make maintaining "personal hygiene" an issue... Not sure it would be a willing choice...

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting. So are you saying that those people have no access to somebody that can speak English, either in the same household, or a neighbour or friend? I find it very strange if that is the case.
I can't say if they had access to an english speaking friend or neighbour, but the school had to employ translators so no one was "on hand" to help translate. Remember, there is a massive asian population in Leicester and I suspect that the whole community can operate with minimal need to speak english. Ironic it was the youngest kids who were learning english (as a 2nd language usually) so they may have been the one in the household who could speak english.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Interesting to see that several clubs in Leicestershire which are outside the lockdown area are welcoming golfers who live within the zone, based on some very odd interpretation of the government lockdown guidance by England Golf. Apparently, they have advised the local clubs that, as locked down residents can leave their houses for exercise, they are free to travel to play golf. The guidance is very simple, and this interpretation of it is wrong. End of.

If I was a member of one of those clubs and I ended up sitting in the (newly reopened) bar this weekend, within coughing distance of someone who is supposed to be at home, I’d be less than impressed.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Interesting to see that several clubs in Leicestershire which are outside the lockdown area are welcoming golfers who live within the zone, based on some very odd interpretation of the government lockdown guidance by England Golf. Apparently, they have advised the local clubs that, as locked down residents can leave their houses for exercise, they are free to travel to play golf. The guidance is very simple, and this interpretation of it is wrong. End of.

If I was a member of one of those clubs and I ended up sitting in the (newly reopened) bar this weekend, within coughing distance of someone who is supposed to be at home, I’d be less than impressed.
At my club it is currently members and their guests only. The club has advised that it cannot ban members from inside the zone as they are part owners of the club (at a guess I would have thought around 15% of members), but they expect all members to adhere to government guidance regarding the virus.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
At my club it is currently members and their guests only. The club has advised that it cannot ban members from inside the zone as they are part owners of the club (at a guess I would have thought around 15% of members), but they expect all members to adhere to government guidance regarding the virus.

I’m really surprised at EG’s interpretation of the guidance. It’s not as though the lockdown guidelines are even remotely ambiguous.

People should stay at home as much as they can, and travel to, from and within the lockdown area should be for essential purposes only. Yes, people can leave their homes to exercise, but nowhere does it say travel for that purpose is permitted. It’s as clear as day.

EG are effectively encouraging people to breach government guidelines.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m really surprised at EG’s interpretation of the guidance. It’s not as though the lockdown guidelines are even remotely ambiguous.

People should stay at home as much as they can, and travel to, from and within the lockdown area should be for essential purposes only. Yes, people can leave their homes to exercise, but nowhere does it say travel for that purpose is permitted. It’s as clear as day.

EG are effectively encouraging people to breach government guidelines.
Totally agree with your comments.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Totally agree with your comments.
England Golf have now advised clubs that they should not permit members who live in lockdown to play at a club outside. Our local.authority have advice us the same and said they will be monitoring clubs for compliance, though not sure how they would do that

D

Deleted member 18588

England Golf have now advised clubs that they should not permit members who live in lockdown to play at a club outside. Our local.authority have advice us the same and said they will be monitoring clubs for compliance, though not sure how they would do that

Clubs are expected to take responsibility themselves. Although there may be spot checks where proof of I.D. will be requested.

Certainly our Club Manager and professional are "on the lookout" for any breaches.