Leicester Lockdown ?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Clubs are expected to take responsibility themselves. Although there may be spot checks where proof of I.D. will be requested.

Certainly our Club Manager and professional are "on the lookout" for any breaches.
My club similar yours is doing all it can. Unfortunately it would appear not all are doing so though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So looks like we're going to manage all outbreaks locally as per Leicester ongoing which I guess makes sense rather than locking large chunks of the country down https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-for-local-lockdowns-announced-by-pm-12020557

I'm probably more worried that the scientific advisors seem pretty set on a second wave coming - perhaps as a result of the hospitality economy opening again. I certainly won't be going to a pub soon and distinctly unsure about whether to use the club bar tomorrow

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
In Leicester many of the garment and textile manufacturers kept their factories operating throughout the original lockdown.

Article in my paper, today, highlighting this as a prime cause and advising continued with working through additional lockdown... Pritti is now on the case apparently...

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So looks like we're going to manage all outbreaks locally as per Leicester ongoing which I guess makes sense rather than locking large chunks of the country down https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-for-local-lockdowns-announced-by-pm-12020557

I'm probably more worried that the scientific advisors seem pretty set on a second wave coming - perhaps as a result of the hospitality economy opening again. I certainly won't be going to a pub soon and distinctly unsure about whether to use the club bar tomorrow
No worries..
Cram as many tables and chairs in as you can and stick an "L" plate on each one...makes you immune from people sitting 6 inches away........

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The areas, in London, currently under threat [of additional lockdown] are areas where there will be a high proportion of folk on low income... And, I suspect, this will be the case for most of the areas currently being identified as being potential spots for additional measures...
Well Kensington & Chelsea, Richmond and Hammersmith & Fulham are on that list too - and they (at least the first 2) certainly don't seem to fit that category! I'd suggest it's a number of factors, rather than simply 'low income'! Tower Hamlets, normally deemed 'low income' is extremely low on the list I've seen.

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My club, three miles outside the lockdown zone, has come to a temporary reciprocal agreement, with its nearest club just inside the zone, to allow members at either club who cannot play their own course to play the other instead as part of their membership. That seems a very sensible arrangement to me.

I have heard that at a local pub (just outside the zone), they have people on the door checking where people have travelled from and that those from inside the zone are being turned away. Apparently on Monday evening there were only six people eating or drinking there.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My club, three miles outside the lockdown zone, has come to a temporary reciprocal agreement, with its nearest club just inside the zone, to allow members at either club who cannot play their own course to play the other instead as part of their membership. That seems a very sensible arrangement to me.

I have heard that at a local pub (just outside the zone), they have people on the door checking where people have travelled from and that those from inside the zone are being turned away. Apparently on Monday evening there were only six people eating or drinking there.
Doesn’t seem very sensible to me. Breaks the terms of the lockdown and I would think it may potentially harm your club as well as sanctions may be extended

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Doesn’t seem very sensible to me. Breaks the terms of the lockdown and I would think it may potentially harm your club as well as sanctions may be extended
I think that you have misunderstood this.

For example, I live just outside the lockdown zone and my club is a further three miles outside, so I can play there no problem. A guy who lives on my road plays at the nearest club, but that club is inside the zone and so currently he cannot play. Under the reciprocal agreement he can now play at my club. Any members at my club who live inside the zone and who are unable to play, can now play at the club inside the zone.

D

Deleted member 18588

For example, I live just outside the lockdown zone and my club is a further three miles outside, so I can play there no problem. A guy who lives on my road plays at the nearest club, but that club is inside the zone and so currently he cannot play. Under the reciprocal agreement he can now play at my club. Any members at my club who live inside the zone and who are unable to play, can now play at the club inside the zone.
Absolutely fine.

We have done the same with the two other clubs in the red zone.

Sensible as it removes the temptation to break out of (or into) the lockdown area.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

That makes sense now. Good idea