leccy trolley problems

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a bit of bother with the old leccy trolley this morning.
It got round but for some reason it wouldn't take off when I turned the controller first time, but after 2/3 goes it did eventually set off. The battery was fully charged and the led's showed fully charged. Do you think the cold could have affected it, or is it something more sinister?
the trolley is a trojan 250 sport by powerpro golf.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Does sound like a switch problem to me too. Check all your connections are tight. At least you'll know straight away if you fixed the prob as it'll work!

Not wishing to hijack DB's thread but I seem to be having a trolley problem also.
Last weekend gave my battery a good 8 hr charge. Battery showed red on a hilly part of the course early on in the round. Settled down a bit but coming up the 15th the trolley stopped with the red light flashing. Pushed the bloody thing up to the green, switched on again and eeked a bit more life out of it.
My problem is, the battery seems to not hold it's charge, discharges very quickly, or is the motor faulty?
Losing confidence in it as I'm worried about getting caught out with a useless trolley half way round.

Any ideas?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Might be the charger....Powakaddy say that a high percentage of battery problems reported to them are due to a faulty charger.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Problem sorted! it was the speed controller, I bought a higher spec English part which is superior to the Chinese part installed at the time of manufacture for £16.99 it was delivered next day and fitted in under 5 mins, All back to normal. Phew thought I was going to have to buy a plastic pig.