New lithium batter or a second hand trolley

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I posted recently that I’m looking to buy a second hand trolley with a lithium battery. The reason for this is that my current powakaddy freeway (which I bought second hand 8-9 years ago) goes through lead acid batteries at a rate of 1 every 18 months or so. However, the trolley itself works the same as it did when I bought it.

I’m now wondering whether to invest a couple of hundred quid in a new lithium battery to put on the existing trolley, and hope it’s keeps going strong for a while longer. Or spend £300 on a newer model second hand trolley that already has a lithium battery, but run the risk of the trolley not being as reliable as the old one!

Any thoughts?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you get a second hand Gokart with a lithium battery then you can always send it them for servicing. Yes, you pay for it, but they have an excellent reputation for service and it should mean you have a trolley you can rely on going forwards.

I have a Mark 1 version with lithium, 18 hole battery, 5yrs old, and it is going strong with no deterioration in battery longevity and the trolley itself is bang on still.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I think it’s a case of better the devil you know, so I’ll buy a new lithium battery and hope my trolley lasts a bit longer!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
my powakaddy lithium battery gave up the ghost after 6 years and rather than fork out £200 on a new one (18 holes) i bought myself a 36 hole Top Caddy lithium one for £140 with all the connectors

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought a LitePower Lithium battery 7 years ago to to replace the lead acid one for my Freeway. Still going strong, no conversion required just plugged it straight in.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I posted recently that I’m looking to buy a second hand trolley with a lithium battery. The reason for this is that my current powakaddy freeway (which I bought second hand 8-9 years ago) goes through lead acid batteries at a rate of 1 every 18 months or so. However, the trolley itself works the same as it did when I bought it.

I’m now wondering whether to invest a couple of hundred quid in a new lithium battery to put on the existing trolley, and hope it’s keeps going strong for a while longer. Or spend £300 on a newer model second hand trolley that already has a lithium battery, but run the risk of the trolley not being as reliable as the old one!

Any thoughts?

I've got an older Motocaddy S1 (white) with 36 hole lithium battery and additional Motocaddy winter wheels, that I'm just about to put up for sale. It's about 6 years old, in good working order. The battery still does 36 holes as far as I know, although I haven't used it for 36 holes in a while. Haven't really looked at price, open to a reasonable offer as need to clear out the garage.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've got an older Motocaddy S1 (white) with 36 hole lithium battery and additional Motocaddy winter wheels, that I'm just about to put up for sale. It's about 6 years old, in good working order. The battery still does 36 holes as far as I know, although I haven't used it for 36 holes in a while. Haven't really looked at price, open to a reasonable offer as need to clear out the garage.

Thanks mate, I’ve already taken the plunge on a new battery now though.