Laughter - the best medicine

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
without wanting to get political here... been reading Ms Patel's fancy ideas of sending refugees to an island (not the first time by Britain) and holding them on old boats as well as Gove's proposal of putting an electronic border around Kent... All this reminds me of

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
without wanting to get political here... been reading Ms Patel's fancy ideas of sending refugees to an island (not the first time by Britain) and holding them on old boats as well as Gove's proposal of putting an electronic border around Kent... All this reminds me of

Ah you're making me want to watch all the series again.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You're not meant ( as the poster) to be the one laughing. On this thread you are meant to make us laugh......
And saying you are not making a political point is blatantly not true.
I made the political point long ago...and don’t need to remake it...I‘m liking and amused by the Lord of the Rings in this one...and I am sure the irony of the headline and article is very obvious to many on here. Anyway - as I said - the headline made me laugh and feel better - so excellent medicine indeed - for me if no-one else.

Last edited:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I made the political point long ago...and don’t need to remake it...I‘m liking and amused by the Lord of the Rings in this one...and I am sure the irony of the headline and article is very obvious to many on here. Anyway - as I said - the headline made me laugh and feel better - so excellent medicine indeed - for me if no-one else.

Shoulda popped it in “Things that gladden the heart” maybe? This is “Laughter is the best medicine” where people post puns and funnies that try to make people laugh during this bad time. (Except Mudball who only posts thinly veiled political jibes?)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Shoulda popped it in “Things that gladden the heart” maybe? This is “Laughter is the best medicine” where people post puns and funnies that try to make people laugh during this bad time. (Except Mudball who only posts thinly veiled political jibes?)
Ah yes - quite right - wrong thread - it did indeed gladden my heart - as it made me laugh with the irony :)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
119864900_10218783350318578_4537529082718171637_n.jpg

An Airbus 380 is on its way across the Atlantic. It flies consistently at 800 km/h in 30,000 feet, when suddenly a Eurofighter with Tempo Mach 2 appears.
The pilot of the fighter jet slows down, flies alongside the Airbus and greets the pilot of the passenger plane by radio: "Airbus flight, boring flight isn’t it? Take care and have a look here!”
He rolls his jet on its back, accelerates, breaks through the sound barrier, rises rapidly to a dizzying height, only to swoop down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He loops back next to the Airbus and asks, "Well, how was that?"
The Airbus pilot answers: "Very impressive, but now have a look here!"
The jet pilot watches the Airbus, but nothing happens. It continues to fly stubbornly straight, with the same speed. After five minutes, the Airbus pilot radioed, "Well, what are you saying now?"
The jet pilot asks confused: "What did you do?" The other laughs and says, "I got up, stretched my legs, went to the back of the flight to the bathroom, got a cup of coffee and a cinnamon cake and made an appointment with the stewardess for the next three nights - in a 5 Star hotel, which is paid for by my employer. "
The moral of the story is:
When you are young, speed and adrenaline seems to be great. But as you get older and wiser, comfort and peace are not to be despised either.
This is called S.O.S.: Slower, Older, Smarter.
Dedicated to all my friends who like me likes the S.O.S. approach!