Golf Monthly forum - please read this

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Pretty much a month to 6 months Martin depending on infraction given then permanent ban being a potential outcome should there be no alternative resolution..
The actual note of expired points stays permanently as a note for the moderating team and staff should there be any further issues.

Can someone confirm how long infractions last on the record and how do you get them removed

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can someone confirm how long infractions last on the record and how do you get them removed

Pretty much a month to 6 months Martin depending on infraction given then permanent ban being a potential outcome should there be no alternative resolution..
The actual note of expired points stays permanently as a note for the moderating team and staff should there be any further issues.

Had an infraction for swearing on 18/12/11 so does that mean it should have come off. Not overly bothered (well actually yeah it does bug me) but would like to see it go at some point

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Hi Martin, Yes it has well expired, you are clean, a 3 pointer for bad language will last 30 days

Other more serious ones or repeated minor ones will last longer

It is worth noting that members with current infractions are not considered by GM for the various comps, offers and fittings that often come our way, so it pays to keep your nose clean

Fragger

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The forum mods in my opinion need to communicate (when they are able and have time) there decisions, when I had a post deleted it was explained to me why and after reviewing what was written, although I hadn't thought it a problem I could understand the mods point of view and reasons why it was deleted. Sometimes it appears (by some members reactions) that the mods havent communicated to the guilty party. Unfortunately I can see how this could be opening a can of worms with some members to communicate by PM, but most I think would appreciate it and think more about whether their future posts were against the rules. Just my opinion, the mods do a thankless task and without our support they cant do that job properly.