Laughter - the best medicine

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
True story.....
I was staying at an army barracks for the Edinburgh tattoo and me and a few mates were walking back from the mess/cook house in our RAF uniform.
We walked passed some guy in civvies who started shouting at us.
He said ''don't you salute army officers in the Air Force''
My mate replied ''we don't have any'' :ROFLMAO:

NearHull

Visit site
True story...
Officers in civvies don't get saluted....
I was instructed, back in the day, that if I was in uniform and wearing headdress and I recognised a Commissioned Officer who was out of uniform I was to salute said Officer. I believe that it was courtesy only.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was instructed, back in the day, that if I was in uniform and wearing headdress and I recognised a Commissioned Officer who was out of uniform I was to salute said Officer. I believe that it was courtesy only.
I was told that you salute the uniform (rank) not the wearer.

sunshine

Visit site
Good to know I have learnt something in my 33 years service???
Although where I work now (prior to lockdown)is overcrowded with officers so they have made it a no hat zone so no one has to salute

I don't get the joke. What's the punchline?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That reminds me of many years ago when I drove high roof transit all the time. The club installed a gate system so the travellers could not get in. First time I had to drive to the gate stop get out check the height get back in edge forward get etc for several times to ensure I could get under it. What it said on the gate and what it said in my handbook made me be very cautious. At my age 2.2 metres does not convert well to feet and inches in my head.

Last edited by a moderator: